Voicemail

kwhoughton

I tried putting this question in here last night, but I don't think it took. So, I'll try again.

I have Visual Voicemail installed on my Samsung S7 and it works fine.  My issue is that the voicemail icon does not indicate if I have any voicemail waiting.  My phone icon shows 1 or 2 or how many phone calls I have missed.  Is there any way I can set the icon to show missed/open voicemails?  If not, is there another voicemail service that does that?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Voicemail

Hmm, the icon won't denote the number of messages, but there should be a little icon in the top nav that shows there is a voicemail. In your situation, is the icon missing entirely?

-Lauren

• tmo_amanda

Hey, kwhoughton!

Just checkin' in to see if you've looked over Lauren's response. Please get back to us on what type of notification, if one at all, you're seeing.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi!

Did you need more help? Please let us know if you've taken a look at Lauren's reply. Thank you.

• packard65

I, too, have this problem,

There is no icon at the top.

But i really hope it can show on the APP, like it did with my other phone from a different company

• magentatechie

Hey there! Do you have the same phone as the OP? (Galaxy S7, or at least an Android?).  If you aren't seeing a new voicemail indicator, the first thing you'll want to do is make sure the notifications are turned on: settings>apps>Visual Voicemail>notifications, make sure everything is switched on.  Reboot and have someone leave you a voicemail to test. 

If no luck there, try clearing the cache and data from the voicemail app: settings>apps>Visual Voicemail>storage>clear data (this will reset the app to brand new, but you won't lose your voicemails that are on the server), reboot and test.

If you still don't see the notifications, there may be something up with your provisioning and you'll need to hit up T-Mo for a ticket with engineering.  You can call 611 from your phone, use the Message Us link on this page, or contact T-Force through Facebook or Twitter.  Be sure and let them know what troubleshooting you've completed thus far. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• packard65

Thanx.

I tried all you suggested.

No results.

Yes. It is s7

• magentatechie

Gosh, I'm sorry! Let's see what else we can check.  When you open visual voicemail, does it show unheard messages in your inbox?  As in, after you have someone leave a new message are you able to see it as "new"?  I know you don't see a physical notification, but I'm wanting to make sure that the app is syncing properly.  If you don't see the new message, try tapping the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and press Refresh.

Next, check for software updates for the Visual Voicemail app: Settings>Apps>Visual Voicemail.  If you see an Update button, tap it, install the update, reboot and test.

You said you attempted the steps above, did you reach out to care to have a ticket filed?  It can take a couple of days for engineering to get back with a resolution and you may not hear anything from them directly.  Did the rep set a follow-up to call you back and let you know the results?

• magentatechie

One more thing I'd like you to check out: now, I have an LG device, so I'm not even sure you'll have this option but it's worth taking a peek.  Go to settings>apps>tap the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select "show system">scroll down to Visual Voicemail.  On my phone, I now see a second Visual Voicemail option, the icon looks like a little Android face.  Click there, then notifications, make sure they are turned on as well.  Don't worry about it if you don't see it there, I just thought it was interesting and worth a check.

• packard65

Yes, unheard messages do show in my inbox.

No, no update available

Will call tech.

• packard65

Called611.

They had me close voicemail, reboot.

No change.

• magentatechie

packard65 , Hmm..another question for you-all is your phone a T-Mobile device or did you get it unlocked from another carrier?  Do you know if a ticket was filed?

• packard65

T mobile device

Samsung 7

No ticket filed

• magentatechie

Ok, thanks for that!  Do you happen to have DIGITS on the phone?  I've read of some users having difficulties getting their missed call and voicemail notifications if DIGITS is active.  Just something to check.  Also, if you don't mind- have a peek at your software version and make sure it's up to date. Settings>Software Update>Download Updates Manually>OK>Start

We also definitely want to make 100% sure you have the proper features on your line.  You won't be able to see these in your my.t-mobile.com or the app, but care will when they pull up your account.  The features are Visual Voicemail and Enhanced Voicemail.  You can call 611, use Message Us on this page to open a chat, or reach out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter.

I also understand that Galaxy devices have a native visual voicemail application built into the dialer.  Have you tried exploring this? You may want to try uninstalling the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, if possible.  Settings>Apps>Visual Voicemail>Uninstall  If you can't uninstall it, try disabling the application by opening it, clicking the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, and selecting Settings.  From here, scroll down. You should see Visual Voicemail with a switch next to it.  Tap to turn the switch off, reboot.  Next, open your phone app and make sure you are on the dialer screen.  Press the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, tap settings, then tap Voicemail.  Do you have any options for visual voicemail here?

Finally, if you still aren't able to get the notifications, you will need to reach out to care using one of the methods above, if you call 611 you can request your Tech Expert directly.  A ticket will need to be filed.  If they need assistance, tell them to file the ticket using T-Mobile Voicemail>Visual VM MWI Issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful