Why is my rebate not being honored?

magenta5381291

I have been dealing with my rebate (or lack of) for months! I switched from another carrier to TMobile and purchased four phones. I was supposed to get a BOGO rebate to pay off two of my phones. I have been back and forth for month between the store and support number they gave me. Both have been playing the blame game. The store says support has to apply the rebate because the rebate is no longer active. The support line says the error was at point of sell and the store did not do it correctly. I do not care who made the error. I do care that nobody is taking care of the customer and fixing it. Now I am supposed to pay $800 because of this error...

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Why is my rebate not being honored?

This is such a bummer to hear, but I wanna see what we can do get this taken care of. We've run quite a few offers so in order to get you some help, can you take a look at our Expired deals list  page and see if any of those are what you were looking to get? Each offer has different terms and we'll wanna make sure all the requirements were met. Please let us know if you see it. Thanks.

• magenta5381291

This is the code we were told was to go with our bogo promotion: 17Q2SEONUS

The young man that originally sold us the phones and got us initially set up said he applied for the rebate while we were in store. I watched him working on it, so I do believe he did. However, the promotions department said he did it incorrectly which is where the blame game between the store and phone support started. We waited probably 12 weeks or more initially because the store told us it may just be taking a little longer to process, which would have been no biggie to us. But after us waiting and then have been getting the runaround to go back to the store for months, this is where my problem is.

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, this promo code is from a BOGO that's from quarter 2 of last year. When did you go into the store for this promo? I don't want you having to bounce back and forth, but have you recently talked to the store rep that helped you with this initially?

• magenta5381291

Yes, it is. We purchased our phones in June last year. I’m pretty sure it was more towards the beginning of June. We checked back with the store in mid August (the week before school started, so probably around August 20) to inquire about the rebate since we hadn’t received it. The personnel at the store told us it may be taking a little longer and to give it another week or two. So we did. We waited two weeks. At that time the store told us the promotions department would have to fix it since we never received the rebate and the store could no longer honor it. My guess is by that time the promotion was over. We kept going back to the store and calling with only the runaround from September to Christmas time. I finally gave up since I had been trying for six months. The young man that did the initial transaction no longer works at the store. I do not know if he still works for the company. The promotions department says the error occurred at point of sell in the store and that the store would have to fix it. The store says they cannot do rebates in the store.

Sent from my iPhone

• magenta3404531

Been there and still they havent send me $50.00 rebate yet!  that is more than 5 years or possible more.  SAme with my brother.  My brother and I did it at the same time and we got it when it was on sale plus rebate but we never got any rebate!!    Rip off and now I am more not trusting anyone with rebates cuz of this happen to us. 

• magenta5381291

Well this sounds a lot like just moving to another department to complain to. I cannot say why the rep did the promotion in store or if he did it frequently, but I thought he was just trying to be helpful. I've messaged the FB page, we'll see if I receive a response.