terrible coverge. Can I go back to Verizon ?

leeniewop

I had been with Verizon for 20 plus years and it got to be so expensive that I switched my family to T-Mobile. We have 3 iphones and 2 stupid phones. They paid over $700 to Verizon for our financed phones. But my service and coverage is so horrible I want to go back to Verizon even if it means paying 3 times the monthly amount.  We have been with T-Mobile just under 2 months.  Has anyone ever tried going back to their old carrier?

All replies

• leeniewop

Re: terrible coverge. Can I go back to Verizon ?

Can you tell me where you moved my question to please?  And why?

• gc917

We just switched from Sprint and were getting terrible phone service in our home with T-Mobile. Our rep was great! After talking to her about this a few times, she suggested a T-Mobile 4G LTE Cellspot device. Supposedly a $250 piece of equipment, we basically get to use it for free until they build more towers and/or improve service in our area. I just installed it and our signal went from barely 1 bar to 4 bars! You may want to look into it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • gc917

I take back the price for the cellspot. Person in T-Mobile store told me it was $250. I just checked Amazon and EBay where it’s running about $50.

• leeniewop

So are you still getting it free?  And how does it work?  Does it only improve bars in your home? What about when you are at work or out driving or out of town?

• gc917

I just picked it up today. The rep told me I can keep it as long as I need it. Hopefully, T-Mobile will stick by that. It improves bars in my home but you also have to have wi-fi in your home for it to work. No, it won't work when driving or out of town. Our biggest issue is at home because that's where we make most of our calls. I know how frustrating you are feeling. T-Mobile advertises what great coverage they have. My son had this same issue 12-14 years ago with T-Mobile in the same neighborhood. You would think things would have improved in that amount of time. I'm hoping they will merge with Sprint soon and things will improve. We traded in 3 phones and got 3 new phones so we would take a big loss if we turned them in and went with another carrier.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, hi leeniewop! Just wanted to check back in and see how things were going! Were you interested in a coverage solution like the CellSpot? Did you have the opportunity to reach out to an internal team so we could place an order for you? I hope things are going better -- we'd hate to see you go!

• leeniewop

I believe the flip phones are also experiencing the same problem.  We brought our IPhones in to a T-Mobile store and they took care of everything for us.    Our work places are:  45202 City Hall downtown Cincinnati.    45211 Cheviot Fire Department, Cheviot Ohio.     45069 Lakota West High School, West Chester, OH

• tmo_marissa

Thank you for that! I'm so sorry for the delayed reply; I missed your response initially -- thank you for giving me these locations!
                        First, City Hall should have excellent coverage on LTE band 700 and good coverage via 1900, as well as strong 3G/4G and even 2G. Basically, this area looks great on the map, and I don't see any recent local site issues reported -- if you're having trouble here, this is absolutely a situation where we'd want you to Contact Us so that we can take a look both at your device (we may be able to send you settings over the air) and/or file a ticket for the engineering team to review the area.
                        Again, at the fire department, it's the same view from the map -- excellent coverage for LTE on band 700 and 1900, and strong 3G/4G and 2G with no congestion or recent local site issues that I can see. Again, we'd want the person working in this location to reach out to our Tech team -- there is something not quite right here.

Lastly, at the high school, LTE on 700 is strong, LTE on 1900 and 2100 are decent, and 3G/4G are strong -- 2G is just fair. I know this probably sounds crazy by now, but we would want you to reach out to an internal team for this area, as well. 
                        Are all of the people in your family working at these locations using the iPhones? Are any of them using the flip phones? It's concerning to me that these are all locations where we have excellent signal strength reported on our internal map and backed by nearby speed tests (we refer to this as "customer verified") yet your family is having trouble in all three spots! That leads me to wonder if we dropped the ball somehow in transitioning your devices to our network. I'm sorry if that's the case, but on the other hand, it would be great if this were an easy solution that our tech folks could help walk you through!

• leeniewop

all 3 of these are the IPhones.  Honestly all those numbers and letters is very confusing and I am in the middle of a very busy week at work so I don't have time to deal with all this right now.  I appreciate all your help with this but I'm gonna have to put this on the back burner for a little while. I understand if you need to close this ticket.  Once I get this figured out I will reply back to this link. Is that OK?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, leeniewop! Just to clarify, the numbers and letters are T-Mobile network bands & technologies -- basically, which kind of signal your phone is connecting to. If your iPhones are recent; they should be capable of connecting in these areas! The short answer is that all of these areas where you're having trouble have good signal on a few different frequencies; and we wouldn't expect anyone to have trouble at any of them.

The next step to resolve this would actually be to Contact Us and work with our Tech team over the phone. We may be able to send you a settings update over the air; or do additional troubleshooting -- or we may need to file trouble tickets for these locations if we're not able to improve your situation with device settings. You're also welcome to reach back out here whenever you have the opportunity, of course, but at this point to resolve the trouble we'd want you to work with Tech!