Calls go straight to voicemail

lauriekeiko

All of my incoming calls go straight to voice mail. Phone does not ring. I am on an iPhone X running iOS 11.2.6, but this problem has been going on since before I upgraded phones. It used to work fine before the latest update (which was months ago).

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Calls go straight to voicemail

Hey there!

Thanks so much for reaching out. Is this 100% of calls or does it seem to be specific people or contacts? What happens when they dial your phone, does it ring for them or immediately route to VM? Do you have any issues getting on the web or receiving messages?

-Lauren

• lauriekeiko

Hi Lauren,

It was 100% of calls. When someone called, it would go straight to voice mail. I did not have any problem receiving the messages. However, between the time I posted this and getting your response, the problem seemed to have fixed itself. I got logged out of the app and when I re-logged in, it started working.

• lauriekeiko

@tmo_lauren Hi Lauren, my Digits line worked great for three weeks and now has gone back to not ringing. I tried logging in and out of the app like last time but it didn't work. Any suggestions what to try next?

• sm1689

We have our Blu Life One X for more than two years now. All the setups were done at a T-Mobile store. My wife and my phones started to have incoming calls going straight to voicemail for about 4 weeks now. They used to work fine. If we make a phone call using the phone app, our phone will be able to receive calls for a couple of hours. However, if our phones stay idle (neither making nor receiving any calls) for one or two hours, any incoming call would go straight to voicemail. I went to a T-Mobile store and got the SIM cards replaced. However, the problem remained. Out of frustration, I switched from 4G LTE to 2G for both our phone, we are able to receive calls without any problem. I have test this 2G setting for four days using my other landline and the calls went through. This is obviously not a desirable solution. But, there is nothing else I can do for now. By switching to 2G, it does resolve a problem of frequent delays on receiving messages. The time of delay could be up to a couple of hours. After the switch, the message delay problem goes away. So far, the worst delay after switching was about one minute.