Forced to Change My Password...

keith...

I was unable to login to My T-Mobile just now to pay my bill, unless I changed my password... It said my password was "getting old."

I went ahead and did it (just adding +1 the the number already at the end of my password).  My question is: HOW OFTEN am I going to be forced to go through this stupid procedure?  I've been with T-Mobile now for 20 years, and I've never had problems until about a year ago (since updating the website last summer I consistently cannot login using any browser on my home PC, so I am forced to pay in-store or (recently) I've started paying with my phone's browser - something I hate doing because I can pay all my other bills from my more secure PC)... now, it looks like I'm going to have to start putting up with this 'periodically changing my password' nonsense!

I am very methodical with my passwords, I like my passwords, I do not give out my passwords, and I have never had an account hacked or a password stolen.  The only thing this routine accomplishes is really annoying me as a customer, as I make a one-key variation to my current password every six months (or every year, or however often we'll be forced to do this).  And I know I can't be the only one who feels this way.  Every person I've ever talked to who has had to do this sort of thing for work or whatnot has expressed similar frustration over this procedure.  In fact, more often than not it simply causes users to forget their current password since they've been forced to change it so many times (this has happened to my wife several times for work).

So please, is there a way to opt-out of having to reset my password on a regular basis?  All I want to do is PAY MY BILL every month without a lot of hassle (I've already acquiesced to using my phone's Firefox rather than my PC - can I just keep my password at least).

- Keith -

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Forced to Change My Password...

The password change is meant to protect your account so I'm sorry it's annoying you. When you say you're having to change it on a "regular basis" how often are you having to do this exactly? After you change the password, then log right back in afterwards, is it prompting you to change it again? It's not something you'll have to change after each log in.

Just a side note: We do have the T-Mobile app and it's a really convenient and easy way to pay the bill right from the phone without having to use the browser. It'll also save you a trip to the store.