Will the pixel (2/xl) receive the RCS update rolling out?

stlrs43

I've seen that some phones are getting their RCS Universal profile updates rolling out now. I know google isn't a TMobile phone but will they also be getting the update from TMobile, given it's googles Universal profile that is being rolled out .Please give any information you have on the matter. I would really like to not have my pictures I send be compressed to a pixely mess, and the other features would be nice with the typing dots and the read receipts.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

No official news at this time!

Googling, it looks like there is some speculation of when stuff is going to happen, but we don't have any news on if or when we are releasing an update!

-Lauren

• tidbits

stlrs43 wrote:

I've seen that some phones are getting their RCS Universal profile updates rolling out now. I know google isn't a TMobile phone but will they also be getting the update from TMobile, given it's googles Universal profile that is being rolled out .Please give any information you have on the matter. I would really like to not have my pictures I send be compressed to a pixely mess, and the other features would be nice with the typing dots and the read receipts.

T-Mobile doesn't sell the device, and the device it out of T-Mobiles hands when it comes to updates.  Talk to Google.