Worst Customer service EVER!

alyssapa7

T-mobile lies! They lie and tell you that they are going to pay off your early termination fees and then they find some reason not to. Meanwhile you get stuck with a bill from your previous carrier and shotty service! Don't switch! You will be disappointed!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Worst Customer service EVER!

Oh boy! We want everyone to take advantage of our Carrier Freedom™ program. I'm bummed this didn't happen for you, but I certainly wanna help. Were you told any specific reason it didn't go through? Please take the time to check out the link I posted as well. There are some actions you'll need to take in order to redeem the offer. If you do have any questions, let us know so we can help sort this out for you. Thanks.

• alyssapa7

I was told when I went into the T-mobile store to see about switching my

service that the company would pay for me to switch by paying off my

contract with AT&T. I made the decision to make the switch. The store

representative advised me to wait for my final bill from AT&T and gave me a

printout with instructions on how to get the payment to AT&T to cover my

early termination fees.

I waited the month and received my final bill from AT&T, so I went online

and followed the instructions in order to process the payment to AT&T. For

some reason I it would not highlight the correct option. It wouldn't let me

highlight the option for early termination fees, but would only let me

highlight the option for equipment fees. Since I had just spent $150 paying

off my phone through AT&T in order to unlock it so I could switch it over,

this was not necessary or needed.

I called customer service and spoke to Maria (in some other country) and

she said that she would check with a supervisor and call me back. When she

finally called me back, she told me that I was not eligible for an

equipment payoff. I told her that she misunderstood me and that I only

wanted the early termination fee payout to AT&T. She apologized and said

that she would have the money applied to my account as a credit and I could

pay the money to AT&T myself. I was upset but feeling frustrated, agreed to

it. I asked her about my auto payment and she advised me that due to the

credit on my account, the auto payment would not take place.

This past Saturday, I received a text saying that my auto payment of $80 was

processed. I proceeded to call T-mobile again to find out why. I spoke with

Jordan (again, from another country) and tried to explain what happened. He

advised me that the credit was never applied to my account. He also

explained to me that I was not eligible for the equipment refund and that

according to the notes Maria had told me that already. I told him that I

only wanted the contract early termination fees for AT&T. He apologized and

said that he would work on it and get back to me. He called back and then

when the call was disconnected, he never called back.

Aggregated and upset over this whole situation I stopped into the store and

spoke to the representative who sold me on switching. She said that I was

required to purchase a new phone in order to be qualified for the pay off

of the early termination fees (this time she was in front of the assistant

manager.) I told her that is not at all what she said and showed her the

printout she gave me with the instructions on how to get them paid with her

handwriting on them. The assistant manager stepped in and advised me that

she would have the manager contact me right away but that they would only

be able to give me a $50 per month credit until it was paid off! He never

called by the way.

Unsatisfied by this, I called back into customer service again and ask to

speak to someone in the U.S. I finally got to speak with a girl who seemed

nice at first. I told her the entire story and she said "well, there is

nothing that I can do, they have in the notes that someone will be giving

you a call on Monday." I was so upset. Here I had just poured my heart out

to this girl and she tells me that there is nothing she can do but blow me

off. I asked her to please escalate the call and get me to her supervisor.

She transferred me back into the customer service general line!!

Now today is Monday and I was expecting at least some sort of call or text

or some form of communication from T-mobile to let me know what is going on

but I got nothing! What could you possibly say or do to make any difference

in this situation? The service is horrible in my area and the customer

service is atrocious! And now I am on the hook with AT&T for $250.

Sincerely disappointed,

Alyssa ******

• tmo_mike_c

Wow this more than disappointing. I don't wanna have you relive this whole situation but thank you for being so thorough in explaining everything. Just so I have an understanding, where did you go online exactly to redeem the offer? The redemption process doesn't require having to go to the store or call in so I'm surprised you had to do that. My apologies for not getting a call? Did they mention a specific time they'd call you today?

• psc

This does not surprise me at all.  I have been trying to get them to shut off lines for 3 months.  Instead of replacing a device, I was charged for entire new service on replacements.  Then to add insult to injury they continued to not just bill us for devices that are supposed to be shut off, but also increased the monthly fees on the lines.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey again.

Just checking to see you've gotten any follow up on this. Please let us know. Thanks.

• alyssapa7

None at all....my message will be posted anywhere and everywhere possible.

Thanks for not helping AT ALL with my issue.

Sincerely,

Alyssa ******

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man. That's totally not how things should have gone. I believe our T-Force team can help with this. Have you posted on our Facebook or Twitter page? You can use the links in my badge or on our Contact Us page. I know that doesn't make up for us not calling you, but I'm confident our T-Force team can pick up where we left off and help resolve this.

• mariaa

My grandma always told me there are 3 sides to every story?

I have been with Tmobile 9 years always friendly, helpful not sure why you got the treatment you had.

You need to go into the store on Tamiami TRail ask for Ryan he will take care of it for you he is the best.

• mariaa

I have been with TMobile for 9 years now never ever I had an issue, you need to get the right person on the phone to help you.

• alyssapa7

I was told when I went into the T-mobile store to see about switching my service that the company would pay for me to switch by paying off my contract with AT&T. I made the decision to make the switch. The store representative advised me to wait for my final bill from AT&T and gave me a printout with instructions on how to get the payment to AT&T to cover my early termination fees.

I waited the month and received my final bill from AT&T, so I went online and followed the instructions in order to process the payment to AT&T. For some reason it would not highlight the correct option. It wouldn't let me highlight the option for early termination fees, but would only let me highlight the option for equipment fees. Since I had just spent $150 paying off my phone through AT&T in order to unlock it so I could switch it over and unlock it, this was obviously not necessary or needed.

I called customer service and spoke to Maria (in some other country) and she tried logging into my account and doing it for me and said that she was having the same issue. Then she said that she would check with a supervisor and call me back. When she finally called me back, she told me that I was not eligible for an equipment payoff. I told her that she misunderstood me and that I only wanted the early termination fee payout to AT&T. This confused me even more because she had already been working on this issue for a while on the phone... How could she forget? She apologized and said that she would have the money applied to my account as a credit and I could pay the money to AT&T myself. I was upset but feeling frustrated, agreed to it. I asked her about my auto payment and she advised me that due to the credit on my account, the auto payment would not take place.

This past Saturday, I received a text saying that my auto payment of $80 was processed. I proceeded to call T-mobile again to find out why. I spoke with Jordan (again, from another country) and tried to explain what happened. He advised me that the credit was never applied to my account. He also explained to me that I was not eligible for the equipment refund and that according to the notes Maria had told me that already. I told him that I only wanted the contract early termination fees for AT&T. He apologized and said that he would work on it and get back to me. He called back and then when the call was disconnected, he never called back.

Aggrevated and upset over this whole situation, I stopped into the store and spoke to the representative who sold me on switching. She said that I was required to purchase a new phone in order to be qualified for the pay off of the early termination fees (this time she was in front of the assistant manager.) I told her that is not at all what she said and showed her the printout she gave me with the instructions on how to get them paid with her handwriting on them! The assistant manager stepped in and advised me that she would have the manager contact me right away but that they would only be able to give me a $50 per month credit until it was paid off! He never called by the way.

Unsatisfied by this, I called back into customer service again and ask to speak to someone in the U.S. I finally got to speak with a girl who seemed nice at first. I told her the entire story and she said "well, there is nothing that I can do, they have in the notes that someone will be giving you a call on Monday." I was so upset. Here I had just poured my heart out to this girl and she tells me that there is nothing she can do but blow me off. I asked her to please escalate the call and get me to her supervisor. She transferred me back into the customer service general line!!

Now fast forward to Monday. I was expecting at least some sort of call or text or some form of communication from T-mobile to let me know what is going on but I got nothing! The service is horrible in my area (The service DOES NOT WORK in the Poconos, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton PA area) and the customer service is atrocious! And now I am on the hook with AT&T for $250.

• leatrisgwi@gmail.com

New Customers' Experience Switching from AT&T.

We were long time AT&T customers, with three lines of service one line was for our son who was moving to his own account he went with Metro PCS owned by T-Mobile. Now having only two lines we called about the 55 plus plan from T-Mobile.  We asked the CSR  if we could bring our two devices from AT&T, two Samsung 7 Edges. We were told no problem that all that was needed were sim cards for our phones to work with T-Mobile. I also explained that with AT&T that we used a micro tower from them that used our internet to provide us service at our location. The CSR informed me they had excellent coverage at our location and we wouldn't require a device for service. To make a long story short. {already posted}. We have spent hours and hours on phone calls and driving to T-Mobile stores resulting in one of our phones being broken, Trying to make our phones work with T-Mobile  Results of these calls and visits are our devices still don't work. We were billed before we even had sims installed in our phones, contrary to what we were told. When calling about this they apologized  and made adjustments. We were also told to make up for Netflix not being available on our plan. {we were told it did} that they were giving us the old price 70.00 a month with autopay bringing it to 60.00 a month, {found out today talking with Abigail from the executive office of the president that the plan had not been reduced} The steps we have taken to resolve the issue. We have spent over 6 hours driving to different T-Mobile stores spent over 14 hours on the phone. We were educated on one of these calls that there was a known issue bringing phones from other carriers not just with AT&T and that he would create a trouble ticket to the  engineering team. {Our second ticket}He promised to call me back never happened this was becoming the norm for us as well as no proper documentation on account from calls we had made. We called again to be told that ticket was closed stating that it was because our phones were from AT&T and that we needed new T-Mobile phones. The CSR telling us this was very willing to sell us new phones. We explained that we were told and sold new sim cards with the understanding that this is all that was required to use our existing devices Samsung 7 Edges with T-Mobile. We were then offered the bogo option to purchase new devices. At this point we are thinking this sounds like a scam, a bait and switch after the customer has already bought the service we are feeling frustrated. At this point we start asking for supervisors with long hold times and disconnections with no call backs unbelievable.. then you have to start all over again with bottom CSR explain it all over again to reach a manger. On one of these calls we finally got a understanding Representative. He offered us Bogo on two devices with a total price 500 for both but a 720.00 credit to the account. I turn on my voice recorder and ask if I can record as he repeats offer so that no one will deny the offer he says sure repeats the offer. With me asking clarifying questions like after phones are paid for that will leave me a 220 credit to account he says yes and stats that I can go to a T-Mobile corporate store and they will honor it. We thank him and have him send me a text {texts work} I then head to a store to be told They will not honor the offer that was made. The store and call in departments are separate that I need to call back in to get the offer.  When I call in I am told they don’t see the offer made to me. {surprise bad documentation again} I escalate again more promises for call backs. I finally receive a call back who cold drops me into another cue when phone is answered we have to explain the entire problem again.  Offers bogo but wont honor offer we hang up in frustration.

Later we make another call I get a CSR who listens to the recording I have stats that its clear what was offered and he would take care of getting it authorized and would call us back to complete the offer. Guess what no call back we escalate again to be told. Go back to AT&T We stated glady replace the now broken phone or repair it and get us the same plan we had with AT&T. CSR stats sorry we cant do that. Escalate again get a better offer but not what was offered on recording. Sent emails to the T-Mobile executive department  Abigail tried to call on one of our phones they don’t work I can get visual voicemails after downloading the app so we see she called we called back from home phone left message to call us on home received another visual voicemail. After talking with other CSR online we finally get a call from Abigail. We explain the whole situation to her explain how we have been lied too disrespected how it’s the worst customer service we have ever received threated for having recording the whole deal. her reply is to make a offer less then the previous reps had made to us stating the we declined the previous offers they are no longer valid. {WOW DO YOU BELIEVE THIS} asked about the way we have been treated and lied to her answer is they will do a investigation.. She stats they don’t allow recordings and they wont honor it.  Then makes a offer that makes us laugh she will send us T-Mobile Samsung 7 edges to replace ours for free.

I ask why wasn’t this offered in the beginning? It would have been acceptable then. Before I spent hours driving using gas and then hours on phone calls.   She apologizes, we ask to speak to the president directly told that is not possible. We go over bill stats we have international call charge not possible I ask her what line made the call I check call log no call ask her time and date and says it will be on the bill wont provide to me. Then informs me the discount We were told was applied has not been applied 70 a month instead of 80.00 and then another10.00 off for auto pay.

Said she would try to get it applied and waved our current charges. We agreed to accept the phones and adjustment without accepting this as a settlement over the out right lies and deceit that has occurred. T-Mobile it appears that the old saying  _ _ _ _ rolls down hill is true. We got worse treatment from the top, then we did from the outrageously poor first level customer service.

• alyssapa7

Man, you had it worse than I did! As far as the phone data issue, I had the exact same problem when I switched over. I too have the Galaxy S7 edge. After hours on the phone with T-mobile, I decided to just Google it. Apparently, it is a fairly easy fix. You have to toggle your airplane mode on and then off again and it works. BUT, if you turn off your phone for any reason, then you have to do this again. I am currently waiting for my new phone through Xfinity with better service and cheaper rates. I'm still on the hook for the money I owe AT&T but I guess lesson learned.

• alyssapa7

UPDATE! After the original posting on this forum, some guy from T-mobile contacted me to see what happened. After sending him this exact story...

The following is his response :

"Wow this more than disappointing. I don't wanna have you relive this whole situation but thank you for being so thorough in explaining everything. Just so I have an understanding, where did you go online exactly to redeem the offer? The redemption process doesn't require having to go to the store or call in so I'm surprised you had to do that. My apologies for not getting a call? Did they mention a specific time they'd call you today?

(the above was copied and pasted)

-Yes! The did tell me where to go I already told you that they gave me the instruction sheet when I signed up!

-Seriously?! Does it matter what time of day they were supposed to call when they didn't call at all?!

T-mobile's fine customer service at work!