LG V30+ Bad Call Quality after Android 8.0 update

don052

Hi,

After the recent update to android Oreo 8.0 I am having bad Call Quality.

I'm getting the signal to cut in and out at home in my office where I never had a problem, on BT headset. Also, the other day while calling straight from the handset I experienced the same thing the other person said I had static on line ( you can interpret that any way you want) (Bad Call Quality, interference, fuzzy, etc.) and had to hang up...

Is anybody else experiencing bad call Quality after recent Android 8.0.0 Oreo update on LG V30+ T-Mobile branded phone?

What to do?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Oh gosh, don052! It's a bummer to read that the update affected your audio. Let's see if we can get this fixed. If you put calls on speakerphone, do you still get static or do the calls cut out? Does location seem to matter or is this happening every where (outside of a 10 mile radius)?

• don052

Hello,

So I don't know how many days it's been since orig. complaint. But the skipping while on BT call is BACK!

It's been about 3 days and now the problem is back. The call goes in and out while on BT headset.

I've got a Parriott B350-XT that works flawlessly on all phones and even this one until the update to 8.0 Oreo.

Someone else has complained about this going back out again after a few days so Now it's me it's happening to...

This is very depressing...

Next step Reset device and then restore (NOT FROM A BACKUP) BUT from Scratch. That worked for someone else...

:-(

• magenta5675716

I'm getting the same issue with the call quality when I'm on my LG ThinQ G7 with bluetooth connected to my car. Had no issues with HTC 10 and Samsung Galaxy S8+, just with the LG G7, the call quality gets fuzzy, and it's hard to hear. What should I do?