Can't stream even 720p!

m1n

Hi,

I am experiencing issue where I cannot stream anything more than 420p on my One Plus plan. 720p and 1080p will buffer so much it is unwatchable. If not for being able to tether, I wouldn't believe I am on the one plus plan. Is anyone experiencing this issue also?

device: Iphone X International (both bands)

app: Youtube

bar: 3 BAR LTE

Yes, I have restarted my phone.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Can't stream even 720p!

Hey, m1n!

Welcome to our Support Community! Thanks for all the info. Are you having issues streaming with other apps besides YouTube? Does this generally happen in one location or at around the same time every day?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hi, m1n! We'd love to help you get to the bottom of this! Amanda asked some great questions above that will help us start to pinpoint the cause of the issue:

Are you having issues streaming with other apps besides YouTube? Does this generally happen in one location or at around the same time every day?

Also, I know you mentioned ONE Plus -- is HD enabled for you? Did this problem start after a recent account or plan change that might have knocked that setting out of whack?

• m1n

This happen on every app. The hd should be auto enable. As for what is the boolean value in the database tmobile, need someone with db read access to check it out. It feels as if i get throttle 24/7 when i attempt to play anything higher than 480p. Which should not be happrning unless i hit the 50 GB high usage.

• tmo_marissa

I gotcha, m1n. If this is happening in every app, and you're wanting to have the backend reviewed to ensure that your account isn't being incorrectly throttled, a ticket is the ticket!
                Seriously, though, if you Contact Us and work with a member of our Tech team, we can get a ticket filed for this that will be sent to the engineering team for review! The only test I'd recommend (if it's an option for you) is to try your SIM in a T-Mobile branded device and see if the same behavior occurs -- if it does, then it's definitely an issue with either the network or the account provisioning, and not the phone itself.