Pixel 2 and call issues

kkn514

Is anyone having a call problem with Pixel 2 and Tmobile?  Whenever I make or receive a call, it rings and then someone answers but I can't hear them and they can't hear me.  It takes me 3 or 4 times for a call to go through.  I have already received a new replacement for it and it is still having the same problems.

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Pixel 2 and call issues

I've had a Pixel2 since November, and never experienced this issue.

Are you performing your calls via cellular, or WiFi Calling?  I don't use WiFi Calling, so my experience is purely only using the cellular network.

• kkn514

I'm on cellular calling. I've also tried calling Google for help. I might try to get a new sim card and see if that's the problem. But I had a Nexus 5 before this and no issues

• smplyunprdctble

I can't remember when I last updated my SIM card.  I can't remember if it was during my Nexus 5 or Nexus 5X.  If I had a way to check, I totally would for you.

I do know I'm using the same SIM that I used in my 5X.

Old SIMs, I'm told, can impact call quality on newer devices.  I think T-Mobile's stance is you should get a new SIM when you get a new device.  But, the fact it's a cost to get a new SIM unless it's defective makes it a lower priority for me until I find issues.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey kkn514 have you changed out SIM cards or reached out to Google to see if they have any suggestions? I also think it's a good idea to switch out the SIM if you've had it for a long time. I'm also curious if this is only happening while you're connected to a specific connection. Please let us know. Thanks.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, kkn514! Any luck with trying a new SIM?

• crablouis

I've been using a new Pixel 2 XL for a few months and occasionally get the "they can't hear me and/or I can't hear them" issue.

This happened at home where I have one of the T-Mobile provided femtocel units, "4G LTE CellSpot".

I got a new SIM card from T-Mobile when I got the phone from Google. It's an unlocked unit using a forwarded Google Voice number.

• kkn514

So I eventually got a new SIM card and was still having issues. Was on vacation so couldn't call Google until today. We did a factory reset and so far the calls have been fine. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

• pxl2xl

You're not alone.  My Pixel 2 is has problems on TM as well.  Phantom APN's and no LTE after transitioning from Wi-Fi are the biggest problems for me.  Very frustrating.  It's a great handset and TM is a great carrier but something isn't working.  At least TM care has the decency to admit there's not much support from Google for TM users; launch carrier was Verizon.  I'm going to wait it out a bit longer.  Getting Android updates as they're released plus long-term benefits of TM's build-out outweigh problems I'm having.  But I'm not going to wait forever - get your act together Pixel group!