Spotty cell and WiFi but other lines on account ok. T-Mobile rep says I need a new phone number?

magentaheartz

Why can’t I get service on my phone even though I have full bars and even lte lit up ? I get patchy service, constantly have to sit and wait for pages to download or apps to run. It’s like being back in the days of dial up. I also don’t have good connectivity to WiFi either ! Same problems sometimes I have to switch back and forth between WiFi and regular service! But my laptop runs on the same WiFi fine. Also my bf has service on his phone all the time including WiFi and is on my plan. I have an iPhone 7plus now but this has been ongoing with my previous phone which was a galaxy 7 plus edge. He has a cheap lg phone and gets better service. We can be in the same room at the same time and I will get nothing and he will be web surfing away. T-Mobile representatives have not been able to help and have only “reset “ my service a few times and one even told me the problem was my phone number and I needed to get a new one. I have had the same phone number for 15 years and I don’t want to change it plus I highly doubt that is the issue. I also have a signal booster in my home already which does nothing. Do I really need a new phone number?

All replies