Promotion Problems and Big Billing Issues

aparadoxy

Dear Community:

i was wondering just how many T-Mobile customer have had any issues with being told they no longer qualified for any particular promotion despite having been using said promotion for any significant period of time without any prior issues!? Reasons for such an inquiry are because this is one of the many problems that I have experienced while being a T-Mobile customer over the last 3-4 years! It would, quite honestly, take me too long to type out everything that has happened every month for going on 2 years and I am, quite frankly, sick to death of repeating myself since that’s exactly what I must do EVERY time I have to call the customer care line to deispute my bill being overcharged for a line that was supposed to be 100% free from a promotional offer in October or November of  either 2015 or 2016, in which essentially ending up being the cause of then being charged double for my already over charged monthly bill amount! The worst part, however, in dealing with all of this each month for 2 years time; was the occasion when I would be connected with certain reps of whom would like to think they know exactly what’s been going on and tell me, very sternly, what’s what and what’s gonna happen next instead of the reps whom act very respectfully and actually pause themselves to listen without seeming like they have a supervisor over their shoulder creating intimidation or threatening stares which filter down to me and make me assume they’re going to help solve the problem but really only put it on the back burner for the next month or better qualified rep to handle instead of admit they don’t know the answer or won’t give me one because that would jeopardize their employment? Basically I just want to know how many of you have been incorrectly billed for any month with T-Mobile for any pronotional offer you accepted at any time? Just upvote if you would rather not explain your issues! Maybe this could give just cause for some upper level attention!?

All replies

• aquantis

Re: Promotion Problems and Big Billing Issues

I've been with T-Mobile for at least 3 maybe 4 years. The account was in my wife's name and we never had an issue. But then came the military promotion. The account had to change to my name since I was the military member and not my wife.  My wife and I made the change and I also requested to change the account to the military plan. In doing so, I was billed not only for the plan when it was under my wife's name on the 19th of June but also the military plan under my name on 22 June. Two full payments for one month!! That's crazy. I've spoken with several T-Mobile customer service reps and found out one of the managers/supervisors denied the refund of one of the payments. So now, T-Mobile has two payments for the same month and I'm feeling the financial hit. I informed my church and local Veterans Administration counselor and they are assisting me. I hope you have someone to reach out for assistance. I'll post an update with what they suggest.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey aparadoxy . Reading this is tough for me because we love for folks to take advantage of our promos. We definitely want to help and I'm sure there's a way to sort out what's going on. I can totally understand not wanting to explain yourself again, however, it'll help us if you could give us an idea of which promo you opted for. Once we figure that out, we can go over the promo terms to make sure everything's okay. Just off the top of my head, promos can fall off changes are made to the account. Again, those changes differ from other promos so knowing which one can help shine some light on what's causing this. I'd like to help with this and would really appreciate the opportunity to try.

I wanna see your billing concerns get resolved too aquantis . Have you spoken with Care recently to go over the charges? If you have any updates. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to check in here to see how things were going. Please let us know if you still need help.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, aparadoxy and aquantis!

Just stopping by to see if each of you had a chance to look over MC's reply. We want to help get to the bottom of both of your billing issues! 

• aquantis

I called Customer Care at 611 at least 3 times. The person I last spoke with in the Philippines stated she would call me back Tuesday, July 3rd since it would be after the 30 day wait period for cancelling the account in my wife's name. Seems like I'm starting over with T-Mobile. My wife's account was closed then it was reopened in my name. Would not have been an issue if the rep would have warned me I would get billed twice!! It's sad how easy it is with auto bill pay for T-Mobile to just take whatever they need but if they owe the customer well, there's a 30 day wait period. And, to add further insult they stated the refund was not automatic... my wife needs to call T-Mobile and they will send a check. I mentioned what happened to several of my coworkers who are military veterans and considering switching from their providers to T-Mobile. But after what just happened to me seem they are hesitant. It's one thing to know and prepare to pay a $401.45 bill but it hurts to pay $401.45 and two days later also see a second payment leave my account for $329.99.

• tmo_chris

My goodness aquantis 

We really need to take a deep look at your account history with us and figure out what needs to be done to correct this. We do not have the ability to pull up your account securely here on a user forum but if you prefer written correspondence, you can use the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to access your account and do a complete audit of what happened and provide the next steps. 

• aquantis

But Chris, there's more... I just received a new bill in the mail from T-Mobile in my wife's name. She received a credit for $224.46 but also T-Mobile billed her another $408.93 and a recurring fee of $16.78. Go figure... so with autopay T-Mobile will take $167.69 on the 19th then $329.99 on the 22nd of July. All, for the exact same phones, phone lines, etc., we had when the account was under her name. The only thing we did was change the account to my name and changed to the military plan. And for that, T-Mobile has charged us hundreds of dollars more than what we previously were paying. This has caused a huge financial burden and I don't understand why T-Mobile had done this to us. We have never been late with our payments and never had any issues with our account.

• aquantis

One correction... since my wife's account is closed I'm assuming T-Mobile will not pull the $167.69 via auto bill pay. But, I have to fight not only the final bill amount but also fight to get the refund. What a mess.

• tmo_chris

This is definitely a mess aquantis and I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. This is something that our T-Force team will most definitely be able to make heads and tails of as they will have secure access to your account. Please do reach out to them when you have a moment so we can get this all sorted. 

• magenta5568172

aquantis what you are describing is the same exact thing that happened to me and my husband. We had an account under my name but when we heard that TMobile was starting a veteran discount, we decided to change responsibility and take advantage of the new discount. After we switched, we paid the bill under my husband's name that was due in June. Then a few days later I check my bank account and TMobile is trying to take over $200 out of my account, we went to the store across from our apartment and told them that this should not have been billed to my account as we had changed responsibility and already paid June's bill under my husband's account.

The guy at the store called customer service who told us they would refund us back minus usage for god know's what period of time at a later time. I have two student loan payments that were about to come out so I called my bank and stopped the payment going through. I called Tmobile at a later time and have since spoken with someone on the phone FIVE TIMES about this issue. They keep claiming that the bill we paid under my husband's name was for a different billing period than the bill they tried to charge me for, however, if that was the case then the first bill under my husband's name would surely have been due in July. Changing responsibility should be as simple as unchecking one persons name, checking the other name and entering the new responsible party's SSN. Instead no one at TMobile explains how their billing works.

Additionally, we got two phones that we paid monthly on. In May, I paid off one phone. Then I found out that this "final bill" I have to pay amounts to usage for May 25-28 which I don't believe I should be paying but it's better than $200 PLUS $30 each on TWO phones. The lady said that when I paid off the one phone, one payment had been subtracted from the payoff amount and added to the bill. So when I thought I was paying off the phone, apparently i was paying it off minus a $30 payment. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The payoff amount should be the payoff amount, you shouldn't have to figure out how many payments have been taken out of that total for a bill in order to pay off the device. I am beyond frustrated with this entire experience and at this point I am unlikely to recommend Tmobile to anyone I know. The veteran discount is great and everything but doesn't mean anything when you screw the veterans over with double bills.

• aquantis

Update... I spoke with a Customer Service rep but this time she looked into my account and stated why I was overcharged... during the transfer of the account from my wife's name to mine, so I can have the military rate plan, the T-Mobile Customer Rep missed transferring my phone to my name. We have four phones (two iPhones and two Samsung S8 plus) that I pay monthly under a 2 year agreement. All the phones were transferred to my name except mine. Since the account in my wife's name is considered closed the "billing system" for T-Mobile deducted the remaining balance of $400 plus dollars owed on my phone. Nothing like automation to break a two year agreement and leave the customer with an unexpected $400 bill!! That is a HUGE quality issue! I would expect T-Mobile to have protocols in place to protect their customers from financial loss but it appears not. I now have full ownership of my Samsung S8 plus. Take a guess if I'll renew another two year agreement with T-Mobile.

• magenta5744648

Same issue here

TLDR;   Tmobile billing sucks and  constantly needs to be corrected ; Ended up with 3,000 plus collection account and its thier fault for not bundleing plan as promised discussed etc. Its happening all over to everyone i know. Ditch them.

I have had t-mobile for years paid on time etc.

Then i made the mistake of having them take my 8 lines move it to tmobile one TE

NOTHING ever worked right again disccounts did not apply and they continued to "fix " the issue for months and never fixed it .

NO matter what i did I even ended up talking to some idiot in India what happened to local calling?

I will not pay if the bill is wrong it is that simple.

They charged a bill of 300 (normal) then 500 then 800 all in a row all after adjusting and trying to fix this mess.

Now they pulled the phones killed them EVEN phones that were PAID OFF on EIP and sent it to a collections agency

FInal price for loyalty over 3,000 dollars .

And this is all thier error and will not work with me .    The fees are insane.

Tmobile SUCKS and they went from great to absolte garbage.

Get off them as SOON as you can.  use anything straight talk or something else that is very clear and easy . These bumbleing idiots have made a MESS just because they could not move plans for me properly.  

I had to call every month . Pay them over the phone and then they kept saying i did not pay them enough EVEN after the rep's kept telling me it was fine.

This is common now. They have become part of the problem and not the solution . 

Heck i'll put up a website for this and make sure i can push this out to the world and the country.  Now they are buying sprint or mergeing. What kind of mess is this.

Tmobile as i knew and loved Died.   They doing give a crap what happens to you. Or how much you have paid off.

• magenta5745844

Having major issues with the BOGO offer as well.  Being new to Tmobile, not sure what the T force is and after several hours of trying to get this resolved no one has mentioned them.  I can't print out a label to return the phone and neither can customer service....spent over an hour on the phone and no solution.