Promotion Problems and Big Billing Issues

aparadoxy

Dear Community:

i was wondering just how many T-Mobile customer have had any issues with being told they no longer qualified for any particular promotion despite having been using said promotion for any significant period of time without any prior issues!? Reasons for such an inquiry are because this is one of the many problems that I have experienced while being a T-Mobile customer over the last 3-4 years! It would, quite honestly, take me too long to type out everything that has happened every month for going on 2 years and I am, quite frankly, sick to death of repeating myself since that’s exactly what I must do EVERY time I have to call the customer care line to deispute my bill being overcharged for a line that was supposed to be 100% free from a promotional offer in October or November of  either 2015 or 2016, in which essentially ending up being the cause of then being charged double for my already over charged monthly bill amount! The worst part, however, in dealing with all of this each month for 2 years time; was the occasion when I would be connected with certain reps of whom would like to think they know exactly what’s been going on and tell me, very sternly, what’s what and what’s gonna happen next instead of the reps whom act very respectfully and actually pause themselves to listen without seeming like they have a supervisor over their shoulder creating intimidation or threatening stares which filter down to me and make me assume they’re going to help solve the problem but really only put it on the back burner for the next month or better qualified rep to handle instead of admit they don’t know the answer or won’t give me one because that would jeopardize their employment? Basically I just want to know how many of you have been incorrectly billed for any month with T-Mobile for any pronotional offer you accepted at any time? Just upvote if you would rather not explain your issues! Maybe this could give just cause for some upper level attention!?

All replies

• aquantis

Re: Promotion Problems and Big Billing Issues

I've been with T-Mobile for at least 3 maybe 4 years. The account was in my wife's name and we never had an issue. But then came the military promotion. The account had to change to my name since I was the military member and not my wife.  My wife and I made the change and I also requested to change the account to the military plan. In doing so, I was billed not only for the plan when it was under my wife's name on the 19th of June but also the military plan under my name on 22 June. Two full payments for one month!! That's crazy. I've spoken with several T-Mobile customer service reps and found out one of the managers/supervisors denied the refund of one of the payments. So now, T-Mobile has two payments for the same month and I'm feeling the financial hit. I informed my church and local Veterans Administration counselor and they are assisting me. I hope you have someone to reach out for assistance. I'll post an update with what they suggest.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey aparadoxy . Reading this is tough for me because we love for folks to take advantage of our promos. We definitely want to help and I'm sure there's a way to sort out what's going on. I can totally understand not wanting to explain yourself again, however, it'll help us if you could give us an idea of which promo you opted for. Once we figure that out, we can go over the promo terms to make sure everything's okay. Just off the top of my head, promos can fall off changes are made to the account. Again, those changes differ from other promos so knowing which one can help shine some light on what's causing this. I'd like to help with this and would really appreciate the opportunity to try.

I wanna see your billing concerns get resolved too aquantis . Have you spoken with Care recently to go over the charges? If you have any updates. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

• tmo_chris

Just wanted to check in here to see how things were going. Please let us know if you still need help.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, aparadoxy and aquantis!

Just stopping by to see if each of you had a chance to look over MC's reply. We want to help get to the bottom of both of your billing issues! 

• aquantis

I called Customer Care at 611 at least 3 times. The person I last spoke with in the Philippines stated she would call me back Tuesday, July 3rd since it would be after the 30 day wait period for cancelling the account in my wife's name. Seems like I'm starting over with T-Mobile. My wife's account was closed then it was reopened in my name. Would not have been an issue if the rep would have warned me I would get billed twice!! It's sad how easy it is with auto bill pay for T-Mobile to just take whatever they need but if they owe the customer well, there's a 30 day wait period. And, to add further insult they stated the refund was not automatic... my wife needs to call T-Mobile and they will send a check. I mentioned what happened to several of my coworkers who are military veterans and considering switching from their providers to T-Mobile. But after what just happened to me seem they are hesitant. It's one thing to know and prepare to pay a $401.45 bill but it hurts to pay $401.45 and two days later also see a second payment leave my account for $329.99.

• tmo_chris

My goodness aquantis 

We really need to take a deep look at your account history with us and figure out what needs to be done to correct this. We do not have the ability to pull up your account securely here on a user forum but if you prefer written correspondence, you can use the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to access your account and do a complete audit of what happened and provide the next steps. 

• aquantis

But Chris, there's more... I just received a new bill in the mail from T-Mobile in my wife's name. She received a credit for $224.46 but also T-Mobile billed her another $408.93 and a recurring fee of $16.78. Go figure... so with autopay T-Mobile will take $167.69 on the 19th then $329.99 on the 22nd of July. All, for the exact same phones, phone lines, etc., we had when the account was under her name. The only thing we did was change the account to my name and changed to the military plan. And for that, T-Mobile has charged us hundreds of dollars more than what we previously were paying. This has caused a huge financial burden and I don't understand why T-Mobile had done this to us. We have never been late with our payments and never had any issues with our account.