I apologize if this is an incorrect place to raise this issue, but neither the in-store employees nor the customer care representatives have been able to help me, and I do not have access to "Message T-Mobile" or any of the appropriate forum, apparently. Nonetheless, I will try to keep this as short and coherent as possible.
I recently discovered that I will not be having a stable WiFi connection all the time; thus, I decided to switch to T-Mobile and get the ONE Plus International Unlimited--which I understand to be with the > 50GB speed bottleneck--as a backup.
- I went into the local store yesterday, and they told me that I cannot get that specific plan because it requires a Social Security Number, which I do not have.
- I told them that if I cannot get this plan, it is not worth for me to switch from my current operator.
- They told me that I could get the "exact" same features, with the exception of texting from other countries and phone protection, as the ONE Plus International would if I pay $75 for Unlimited and $15 over that for the "ONE Plus International features."
- They set everything in order and asked me to sign. I reconfirmed word-by-word what they said, they agreed, and only then did I sign.
- I went home to find out that I am capped at the 3G speed of 512kbps for mobile tethering, so I called T-Mobile Customer Care, and they said that with the Prepaid plan, it is not possible to get the 4G speed. I told them the whole situation and how this is NOT what I signed up for. They told me my only option is to go into the store and talk to the manager.
- I walked fifty minutes today to the T-Mobile Store in the hopes that I am able to get this sorted, because the bill with my other carrier is coming up, so I either need to cancel them or T-Mobile.
- I went in and explained the situation and they acknowledged that it was their fault.
- I told them I either want the ONE Plus International plan or my money back, because I quite honestly feel cheated, intentionally or otherwise.
- They told me that they can help me and add that feature onto my current plan.
- Later, they told me that they can add that feature, but the maximum bandwidth limit would be 10GB for my phone and tethered devices combined. This is, again, NOT what I signed for.
- I asked for a refund, and they said that there is "no way" to refund me my money, even though they acknowledged multiple times that I was mislead.
- I reluctantly asked if there was at least a way to get the money credited to my account. They called their higher-ups and told me that it is not possible to get the money credited so I could use it for a possible Postpaid at a later time.
- Finally, they said that my best bet was the call customer care and make "a big deal out of it."
- I called the Customer Care and explained the whole situation, and they just told me go talk to the manager of the store.
I have come full circle.
I have called multiple times, walked twice to the store, and stressed a lot over this. I need this to be sorted. This is ridiculous. Either refund me or switch me over the the ONE Plus International -- with or without a deposit. This is not me signing up for the wrong plan; this is me being MISLEAD. I feel very trapped by T-Mobile right now.