Dropped calls

magenta5310506

It seems the closer I get to the end of the billing cycle the worse the dropped calls get. I can't receive or make calls. The problem gets worse when I leave my home. When at home I can at least make and receive calls but they get dropped within the first couple minutes. I can't even start a conversation. When I leave the house I can't make calls. They get dropped before phone rings. This happens whether I have WiFi calling on or off. I need phone. I do not have land line.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Dropped calls

Wow that's really odd. Dropped calls are no fun and getting close to your billing cycle wouldn't make them worse. What kind of phone are you using? How many bars of signal do you have? Do you still have signal after the call drops or does it go away?

• tmo_mike_c

Hi again. Did you still need help? Please reply and let us know. Thank you.

• magenta6085190

I have had TMobile for 5 months and the price is good but I get dropped calls whenever I'm driving and alot of incoming calls go straight to voicemail or when I call out the phone doesn't even ring it goes straight to someone answering or takes a min to even connect to the call than drops out .

• magenta7858238

I've heard of dropped calls while driving due to something blocking the cell tower's signal (such as driving downtown and having buildings block the signal-crazy but true) but I've never heard of any relation between dropped calls and the end of a billing cycle (unless by end you mean you haven't paid but I don't think that's where you're coming from). If it happens in the same vicinity, it's likely a reception problem due to interference from terrain, distance from a tower, or nearby devices interfering. You can get a cell phone booster for your vehicle, but remember that if it's an issue of there being no signal, a booster won't help. I'd check and see what areas (if any) routinely give you trouble. Bring a friend or pull over and test your signal. If you are getting no signal, that's the problem. If you're getting a weak signal, a booster should help. Naturally, it also depends on how often this happens.