Android Messages on Computer w/ T-Mobile

shnibitdohget

Google released the update for Messages earlier this week which allows sending messages on a computer: Messages for web 

I've updated my app to the latest version and my phone's OS is the latest version available, but when I hit the "More Options" button "Messages for the web" is still not listed as the instructions say. I haven't found anything on the internet about the problem. Is this feature not available with T-Mobile? Any suggestions to fix this?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

it's probable that it's not available yet for the S8+?

I don't know what kind of customizations Samsung has done to the Messages app, if any.

It's also possible that the version of Messages requires Android 8.1?

I can tell you I have T-Mobile and I have a Pixel2 [which is not a T-Mobile branded phone], running 8.1 and Messages on the web is working.  The above two scenarios are the only things I can think of.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tidbits

Re: Android Messages on Computer w/ T-Mobile

shnibitdohget wrote:

Google released the update for Messages earlier this week which allows sending messages on a computer: Messages for web

I've updated my app to the latest version and my phone's OS is the latest version available, but when I hit the "More Options" button "Messages for the web" is still not listed as the instructions say. I haven't found anything on the internet about the problem. Is this feature not available with T-Mobile? Any suggestions to fix this?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+

Google does what is called a staggered release.  They do it to ALL their products.  You will have to wait until Google brings it to you.

My wife has it and I don't.  She has the S8+ and I have the Pixel 2.  Just some food for thought.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Re: Android Messages on Computer w/ T-Mobile

Hi there!

I see you've already gotten help from our awesome Pillars. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• shnibitdohget

Yeah, it was staggered release. The option activated a few days later. Thanks!