Issues with jump trade in

ibeth2689

So I've been a jump member for a while and sent many devices without any issues. Unfortunately, this time that is not the case. I sent my jump trade in phone (galaxy s8) on April 2nd and USPS tracking app shows it was delivered on April 6th. I've called tmobile and was told there was nothing I could do and they could not credit my account, so now I'm left with an extra $30 a month for a phone I no longer have. Has anyone else had a similar issue? If so, how can I resolve this?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Issues with jump trade in

Hey, ibeth2689! A JUMP! return definitely shouldn't take this long to be checked in. Did you ship it using the RMA label -- it would have had a specific code on the front (for a JUMP! return, that would start with the letters TMU) and have been addressed to a warehouse in PA?

• ibeth2689

Yes I did, but my code started with the letters JMP and was shipped to the warehouse in PA.

• tmo_marissa

Ah, OK! That's totally fine; for a JUMP! upgrade that's actually correct -- forgive me for popping the trade-in letters in my original reply, I think it was force of habit and lack of Monday morning coffee!
              Our internal teams should be able to file an inquiry for this -- do you know if anyone had the opportunity to escalate an inquiry to the warehouse? Also, just trying to think of things we know can cause problems, is there any reason why the IMEI of the device you shipped in wouldn't have matched the one on your EIP (for example, did you complete a device replacement or repair directly through the manufacturer instead of through T-Mobile)?

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know.