Samsung S9+ Monthly Updates

rbryinc

Hi, So my understanding that there are suppose to be monthly security updates for Galaxy S9+. I am on security patch level March 1st.  Where is April, May and June?

All replies

• theartiszan

Re: Samsung S9+ Monthly Updates

There was an update it March but it got pulled for some reason. Samsung has not been good at getting monthly updates out for any variant including the unlocked one which is also missing a lot on months.

• godofeath206

It is something with T-Mobile. They pushed an update after the phone was deployed. AT&T is in the same boat as they have not deployed an update since the phone was released. It is a unacceptable that there was no notice about the update being pulled and when we will start getting new ones. They said it was a bootloop issue but i got the update the day it came out and never hand an issue. So now we have the Samsung flagship phone going unprotected for months with not even a whisper. Even if it was a minor status update it would be something.

• rbryinc

It is a little concerning. They stated a while back that there would be monthly security updates.  It is bad enough that OS updates take months once they are released to send out but security updates on their top of the line phone is really unacceptable.  Leaning towards the Pixel 3 when it arrives.  To bad TMobile does not carry it because this Samsung issue plus TMobile not carrying the Pixel could very well be after 18 years here the straw that makes me finally go elsewhere

• godofeath206

The Pixel phone is a Verizon exclusive. There is no way around that. You can buy it from Google and bring it to T-Mobile but they cannot sell them. You would think that the carrier specific phones would not be all that different than the base Samsung Android OS. The BootLoop could not have been that huge of an issue if it did not make it to any sort of news outlet. I really think it was the results of a very small group of people who did something to their S9/S9+ and caused the issue. Now the rest of us have to go till who knows when with and unsecure & outdated OS. I had no issues with this is update at all. I always get it the day of. Need more communication from T-Mobile.

• smplyunprdctble

I have the PIxel2 I purchased direct from Google.

I do a payment plan, similar to what T-Mobile would do.

The only thing I didn't get is any BOGO type offer that T-Mobile would potentially have.  But, Google does have their deals they offer that T-Mobile wouldn't (I got a Play Store credit and a free Google Home Mini with the purchase of mine -- I had just missed a $250 off promo that didn't include the aforementioned perks).

And, buying through Google gives you "premium" warranty exchange, in my experience with my Nexus devices.  Both times I had an issue, they replaced it with a new device, not a refurbished device.

It's just all in what you're wanting.

• tmo_chris

No specific time frame as of right now but I did speak with our Samsung liaison and they are coming soon and will catch everything up.

• godofeath206

It would have been nice if there was some kind of press release that stated the april update was going to be pulled. Its easy to understand why it was pulled. In today's world people expect things to be as up to date as possible. Seems like T-Mobile is skipping the april update and going right for the latest. Which is a short time to test. Hell i would test for Samsung if i knew how to sign up.