Idaho data outage?

magenta5221284

Data has been crawling. Less than 0.5 meg down for over two days in Sandpoint, Idaho. I created a ticket yesterday and got a text this morning saying it was resolved and the ticket was closed. It was still out . Called and had them create another ticket. Data is still not working currently 48 hours later. Phone shows full bars with LTE active. Still no data. Anyone else in this area having issue?

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Idaho data outage?

Sorry for the response delay after a long weekend!

Have you received any updates on your re-opened ticket?

-Lauren

• magenta5221284

I have not received any updates that issue was resolved in that area. I departed and was working in Portland, Oregon and data was working great as soon as I left that area. Today I’m in southern Idaho, Boise and data speeds are 10 megs down and 5 megs up. It works but I usually get speeds faster than my home broad band, 60 megs down sometimes when I’m in the Seattle area. Maybe it’s just Idaho. Thank you for checking back with me.

• tmo_amanda

Well those speeds sound a bit better than what you originally reported, magenta5221284, but it also sounds like you were in a different area! Do you happen to have a ticket number that we could take a peek at?

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just checking back in to see how things are going now, and offer to review a ticket for you if you have one!

• magenta5221284

I am no longer in the affected area. I just wanted to bring it T-Mobiles attention that the network was showing good signal and an LTE connection yet clearly the was no data services functioning as proved by speed tests I performed. We ruled out a device issue, which I’m aware that likes to be blamed. As soon as I left that area and was connected to different towers, showing the same signal and data connections it was restored and data worked great again. I never lost voice or text communications just in usable data speeds. I’ll see if I can find the ticket number. The people that created the tickets were less than helpful. They closed the first ticket as resolved without contacting me and the issue still was happening. I called again and reported it still not working. They created another ticket and that’s the last I heard.

Thank you for attempting to follow up

Rodger Wright

• tmo_amanda

It sounds pretty clear that it has to do with a specific tower, Rodger. I'm sorry your voice wasn't heard and the issue still hasn't been fixed. If you come across those ticket numbers, please post them here so we can see what's going on. I appreciate you taking your time to get this info to us because it sounds like you've already spent more than a few calls trying to get this straightened out.

• tmo_mike_c

Wow Rodger, sounds like you've been through a lot with this already. We do wanna make sure this gets resolved. Any chance you've come across the tickets that were filed or gotten any updates on them?

• magenta5221284

Try

19981182: first ticket created they closed and resolved

19987557: second ticket opened when I informed them it was not resolved

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for giving me that.

The second ticket mentions the need for improvements. The good news is our engineers are aware and have future plans to make changes. I don't have a specific date but I'm seeing early 3rd quarter of this year engineering will start the process. I don't like to ask you to wait, but they are working on this for you.

• magenta5221284

I don’t live in the area was just working there recently. Improvement? Data was not functional at all but device showing full bars and LTE. My issue was that data was not working at all yet showing available. Deceptive. No issues with voice