Email to Text blocked if it has photos

loris2111

Our security cameras are set up to send an email alert and they include a photo from the camera. We just switched from verizon to T-Mobile and they stopped working. I changed the email address to PHONENUMBER@tmomail.net. A single test message without photo's works fine. Any messages with photo's is being blocked, see below. Any help would be appreciated.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "Network Video Recorder: line crossing D1 "] to XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net. MTA p3plsmtpa11-10.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 64.235.154.105 - 550 , 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Email to Text blocked if it has photos

Sounds like for whatever reason the domain is getting flagged as spammy when an MMS goes out! What we would suggest doing is reaching out to T-Force or customer care (T-Force links can be found in my signature, they are on FB and Twitter!) and have them file a ticket so the domain can be considered for a whitelist!

-Lauren

• loris2111

I did reach out to customer care and they had me change the Access Point Name to make the IPV4 instead of IPV6. That didn't help at all. If I have the cameras email to my Gmail account all is fine. It will send plain text through via the tmomail.net but not with photo's attached. I asked about whitelisting the domain and was basically told it was an issue with the NVR sending... NOT T-Mobile blocking and that I need to update the "APP" which there is no app to update.

• tmo_lauren

An IPV4 to IPV6 change won't address the possible spam flag and need to whitelist, it would have to be a ticket. It's a pretty rare occurrence, so it's not uncommon for a rep to not know a ticket is the route to take.

I would suggest T-Force, they can be reached out to on FB or Twitter, links are in my signature. Their team has filed several of these ticket types and so long as the ticket is properly filed, it will make its way to the team who handles whitelisting!

-Lauren