Cell Spot Config Issues

magenta5199581

Here are the details. I have gone through every troubleshooting step on this device. The power light continues to flash green and he internet light flashes orange. Nothing else.

I have rebooted all systems. I have verified the UDP ports are open. I have the IP address of the device in a DMZ. I have confirmed with my ISP the modem is on bridge mode and at the appropriate speeds.

Looking for some specific technical assistance on where to go now, or perhaps this device is malfunctioning.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Cell Spot Config Issues

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble! We are going to need to take a look at the logs here on our side to see what specifically is happening. Please contact us when you have a moment.

• johncindy

Let me join the club!!!!

I'm on my 3rd 4g LTE Cellspot.  Cannot get ports opened, I've tried 5 modems of differing brands. Several routers, opened ports for 4500, 500, 123,  I've opened ports for my security cameras so I know that they work.  I gritched at the "tech folks" over and over, I've done my diligence way before I've ever wasted my time calling in.  My ISP claims they are not to blame.  The ports will NOT respond to canyouseeme.org.  I'm glad these thing work for some people, for me it's a waste of time.  I've got no bars in my house.  My nearest cell is within eyesight but it doesn't connect.  my usual serving cell is 6 miles away behind a hill.  What a mess!!!  this is probably a dead post anyway............

• cfernq@yahoo.com

I am having the same exact issue and it's been WEEKS with no help or resolution.

• johncindy

Let me join the club!!!!

I'm on my 3rd 4g LTE Cellspot.  Cannot get ports opened, I've tried 5 modems of differing brands. Several routers, opened ports for 4500, 500, 123,  I've opened ports for my security cameras so I know that they work.  I gritched at the "tech folks" over and over, I've done my diligence way before I've ever wasted my time calling in.  My ISP claims they are not to blame.  The ports will NOT respond to canyouseeme.org.  I'm glad these thing work for some people, for me it's a waste of time.  I've got no bars in my house.  My nearest cell is within eyesight but it doesn't connect.  my usual serving cell is 6 miles away behind a hill.  What a mess!!!  this is probably a dead post anyway............

• syaoran

To potentially rule out the ISP.  Have you tried a VPN?

• johncindy

I'll need to set up a vpn on my comp and try i guess.

• syaoran

Whether it works or not, it will at least tell us whether the ISP is the issue.

The cell spots are very tempermental.  When I got mine, it literally took ages to sync.  It says it should sync in 2 hours but that never happened with mine.  After trying a few times, just under 3 hours was what it took for me after resetting the thing..

• johncindy

Install Tunnelbear VPN connected to Canada, tried ports 4500, 500,123 with no success.  I'm sick of this crap.

Thanks for the assist.

• syaoran

How do you have it connected to your setup?  Do you have it connected to your router or between your router and modem?  What type of router are you using, if any?

• johncindy

(incoming phone line)====(modem) ======(router - ether1 - cellspot,  ether2 - switch - this laptop. ether3 laptop, ether4  not used)

router is a comtrend wifi   modem is a Texas Intstrument ar 804+ however I'v tried several different modems hoping one would be different.

cellspot has and ip address of 192.168.1.25 has connectivity to LAN but no connection to outside world.

Thanks for more help

• syaoran

Try the cell spot on port 4 and setting the IP to something dynamic/auto assign. 

• johncindy

the modem is the dhcp server the modem is in bridge modem but I will try.  I have long ethernet cable so it can be near the window.  I can ping the cellspot but it has no gui interface to my knowledge

• syaoran

I would plug the cell spot directly into the modem then.  Direct access to the DHCP allocation might help.  If you cannsetnitnup on a spare port pff of the modem with the GPS thing in a window.  Let it go over night.  Hopefully it will have synced by the morning.  It literally took almost 3 hours for it to sync for me. 

• johncindy

dsl is dynamic ip,  cellspot power flashing green, internet flashing yellow, on the wan connection flashing yellow,  it's been flshing for two days now.  I can ping its ip.  even tried direct connection one day to the modem with no success.

I'm really thinking a cell repeater or another carrier.  Cell service has degraded after a recent storms, but t-mo says the towers are fine.  They would need to send a tech to measure the lack of signal at my location, but I doubt they'll do that,  I currently just following the t-mo script they have for their customers until THEY run out of options.

• syaoran

The Cox modem we use has two ports but only one works.  We let our Asus RT-AC66U deal with everything wired and wireless.  We have our cell spot in port 4.  The router isn't set any special way.  It never synced in port 2 after 2 hours, which is about how long it is supposed to take.

I think the large amount of tall trees around here don't help with the GPS.  I ended up setting the GPS thing on the window ledge facing up next to the window.  Having it stuck to the window never got us a completed sync. 

These things are very tempermental.  T-Mobile could definitely find something better and something that doesn't take hours to get working. 

• johncindy

I got that wrong..... the router is the dhcp server, the modem is in bridge mode