security error

magenta5188791

My phone, a T-Mobile LG Optimus 9 has a security error and can not be reset with a hard or soft reset.  Please help get rid of the error.  Sincerely, Sandy

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: security error

Well that is super odd! What kind of error are you seeing on the phone?

• magenta5188791

Dear Chris,

It says right on the face of my phone, "Security error" and it will not budge from that.  I tried a soft reset, nothing.  On a hard reset, that is power button, volume down, and on button, I can get the little green man, BUT he will only stay there a minute maybe and then the screen goes black and I get nothing. You have to release the power button just as it turns on to get the green man.   I tried to download an update, but it will not let me.  The phone says that it is not hooked up to my laptop, when it is.  So I guess that they can't find each other. "USB device not recognized."  What can I do to keep the green man going?  I can't have the only LGP769 in the world that has a security error, right?  When the security error fist appeared, I was doing a device restart, and then the error came up when I was turning the phone back on.  HELP!  Sandy

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! I;m not sure the hard reset is sticking here. What you will want to do is first power the device all the way off and then follow these steps.

Press and hold the following keys for 8 seconds: Power key, Home key, and Volume down key.

After 8 seconds or when the Android displays, release the keys. The Master Reset will automatically start.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to stop by one of our stores?