Music Fans Network

davidjmiller

Share your favorite music genre and live music experience. Network with others with the same music likes!

All replies

• davidjmiller

Re: Music Fans Network

I am a Blues and Jazz musician. My memorable experiences are many. Two defining moments of inspiration was seeing James Cotton and Charlie Musselwhite.

My life took a positive turn when I started the Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival in 2013.

• dc5fan

Good topic! I started being a drummer back in '67. Was still in high school. Mainly playing rock. Dad was in the USAF. Got to go to England in 6/62. Watched the Beatles on the BBC TV. The Sunday night after Christmas watched a program that was a knock-off of the Ed Sullivan Show. Caught 5 guys paying a song called "Glad All Over". I was hooked on the band the Dave Clark 5. Still my favourite band all these years. Started playing country in 11/68. As the years passed I was playing country AND rock. I had to give it up in 2010 due to lower back problems. Very lucky not have played on the Japanese sets. I used Slingerland, Ludwig, and in '86 luckily found a '72 set of Rogers. I had a decent voice so I sang a fair share of lead vocals. I really liked to do back-up harmony. My genres are rock, country, and especially instrumentals. Bands like Billy Vaughn, James Last, Bert Kaemfert, and a mess of others. My microSD card in my 3 Plus has over 2300+ audio files. So the late '50s to middle '70s was a great time for music hands down!

• tmo_amanda

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything." -Plato

Some of my favorite bands range from Metallica and Judas Priest to 3 Doors Down and Carrie Underwood.  Then there are days when I'm digging some classical guitar and more instrumental tunes. Some of my co-workers would also share that I'm a Disney fanatic and will sing along to any Disney song (I'm going with the "I have kids" reasoning on that one).

Great topic, by the way!

• karazorel

I like all kinds of music- Christian, pop, rock, country, oldies, instrumental.