unlock my iphone

alemaoalex

I need to unlock my iphone for Brazil operator

All replies

• stevetjr

Re: unlock my iphone

You must meet the following criteria before T-Mobile will provide an unlock code, one of which is you need to be or have been a T-Mobile US customer.  If you meet the requirements the instructions on how to request it are also included in the link.

Unlock your mobile wireless device

• alemaoalex

I'm not a T-Mobile customer I bought this telefoque from a friend here in Brazil, but I need to unlock it

• stevetjr

If your friend was the T-Mobile customer and met requirements he would have

to do it.

T-Mobile will not unlock it if you don't meet the requirements one of which

is being a current or former customer.

Only other option but beware there are lot of scam ones, but look for third

party on the web to get it unlocked.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • alemaoalex

how do I do to be customers of you, and unlock the device

• stevetjr

First this is a user support forum, we are customers but some of us have

been here helping for years and/or have been TMO customers for years in my

case going on 15.

If you are in Brazil there frankly is no way, since to meet the

requirements the phone would have to be on the network here for a minimum

of 40 days to qualify if you note the requirements. There is the prepaid

method with reloads but again if it doesn't hit the T-Mobile network they

will never unlock it.

• alemaoalex

can see the situation of this device there on T-mobile

Iphone 6 IMEI: 359232065259919

• stevetjr

Not sure what you mean, they (T-Mobile) won't give you any information on

the previous owner or the phone since you aren't the registered purchaser.

Only the original T-Mobile customer who purchased it can request the unlock

if the device was paid off and met the requirements.

The only way someone who purchased it used and then used it as a T-Mobile

customer on the T-Mobile network meeting the requirements could probably

get it unlocked.

As for third party unlocking that is not a condoned practice so no carrier

will tell you to do it.  I am a user not a T-Mobile employee and while I

will tell you that option is out there I won't provide you with a specific

one as just like the carriers won't be responsible if it goes bad.

Now outside of being locked there is also blacklisted and if your phone is

blacklisted even if you get it unlocked will not work period as all the

carriers share blacklisted IMEI numbers. You can check yours using the link

below.

https://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx