Problem With Visual Voicemail

dreamspinner3

I am subscribed to the Visual Voicemail version 5.21.7.80864 feature on my T-Mobile account on the Samsung Galaxy S8 running Oreo version 8.0.0.  Most of the time, it fails to synchronize my messages to the app.  I get a message that says it failed to synchronize messages and to make sure I am connected to the data network.  This is happening whether WiFi is on or off and I'm never in an area where I am not well covered by the T-Mobile network.  This is very annoying because I use my phone for business as well as personal calls and I need Visual Voicemail to work consistently! 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and cleared the data cache several times already.

All replies

• dwh367

Re: Problem With Visual Voicemail

Same issue. LG Stylo 3+. 

• johnry

I have the Google Pixel XL.  I keep getting the message it failed to connect to server.  Out of nowhere it just quit on me. I'm running version 5.21.  I'm going to rtry and download an earlier version see what happens.  But I have cleaned cache deleted everything from storage uninstalled reinstalled many times it keeps saying the same thin. So like I said I'm going to rtry and download an earlier version.

• dreamspinner3

I did everything, sort of a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy S8.  I am

about ready to give up on T-Mobile's Visual Voicemail app and try a

third party service instead.  It sucks.

• tlowesocal

I had this problem too and seemed to have solved it.  I got a new Pixel 2 and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail would never sync, regardless of my type of connection.  I tried a lot of remedies and nothing worked until I installed an old version of the app.  I read these instructions on how to do it: How to Install Old Version of Any Android App and Verify it | TechWiser   I followed the instructions and found version 5.18.1.80670, which was the most recent previous version.  I installed it and it synced to the server correctly.  A few days later, it auto updated back to 5.21.7.80864, but so far it continues to work.  I hope this helps anyone else who is having this frustrating problem.

• tlowesocal

Update: when the auto-update to 5.21.7.80864 happened, visual voicemail seemed to work for about one day, then started having syncing problems again.  I went back to version 5.18.1.80670 and turned off auto-updates on my phone.  Unfortunately, it is not possible to turn off auto-updates for just Visual Voicemail; I have to turn off auto-updates for all apps).  But since then, Visual Voicemail is continuing to work using the old version.

• tmo_amanda

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for chiming in to let us know what's going on with Visual Voicemail. This is something our Engineers are already aware of and are working on fixing. At this time, we don't have an estimate of when it'll be back up and running as it should but we've collected enough examples to move forward with finding a solution. Once I receive an update, I'll be sure to update this thread.

• rufus.mra

I think I can confirm that they're working on this.  I began experiencing the problem this morning, which says that they're pushing changes.  Some things can only be tested in the field, unfortunately.  Before that, it was about 4 years with nary a hitch.  This is the first time I've used the basic voicemail in years - I'd forgotten how user hostile it is.

Moto X4

Android 8.0.0

Build OPWS27.1.3

• instinct

I've been having this problem since April r so on my Pixel. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

• johnry

I tried installing an earlier version of Visual Voicemail .Still the same problem however.  One thing I can tell you I'd get voice to text option .Even though I can't listen to my voicemails I get them by text immediately.  I realize this is a $4 plan .I called them told them why I needed it and in a 2 minute phone call was given a promotion to have it for free.

• magenta5556777

I also am having issues with Visual Voicemail syncing. This issue only started after the newest update 8.0 the other day. In addition my phone is sluggish in all functions all together and I also use my phone for business as well as personal matters and this is extremely inconvenience and frustrating. These issues need to be addressed as quickly as possible!