Unauthorized device order done by T-Mobile employee and compromised my account details

yuvaever@gmail.com

Hello All,

Just wanted to notify everyone in this community and ask for support for a fraudulent activity happened in my account. It's been a couple of months that I have ported my two lines from Verizon to T-Mobile. I paid one month's bill also and shockingly I could see a new iPhone 8 64GB has been ordered and associated in my current month's bill. I made phone complaint to T-Mobile customer care and they have quickly investigated and told me that the order has been taken place from Carolinas mall T-Mobile store, charlotte, NC and I am also living in Charlotte. So, visited the store and came to know that a scam happened in that store (a previous employee has compromised many customers data and done unauthorized device orders).

This is really serious offense guys and I am also one of the victims. But I couldn't get good support from T-Mobile because they don't have proper escalation mechanism like email complaints or FRAUD complaint facility in T-Mobile website itself. So, finally I needed to send my complaint printed in paper and sent to the T-Mobile customer relations office (that's how I have been directed by T-Mobile customer care). It's really sick and pathetic as being a big carrier in USA

Is there anyone who also became victim like me and how you guys handled this situation. Despite they know that someone done scam in a particular store, they are not removing the fraudulent amount from my billing and I have been told that further communication will take 5 to 7 business days.

However, I am planning to escalate about T-Mobile scam to "Federal Trade Commission (FTC)" if I am not getting right support in another few days.

Anyway, please let me know if you know other sources how to handle this kind of situation. Thanks in advance.

All replies