Fraud and/or theft by Tmobile???? Others?

tjmschmidt@gmail.com

I have just been told that although I was told by the Tmobile store employee I was eligible for a rebate on the purchase of an S9 of $206 with the trade in of my S4, which the employee took several months ago that I am not eligible for said rebate. Although the Tmobile representative brought up the offer on his store computer, and again took the phone, I am now being told the rebate was only for military personnel and I will not receive it. No response about taking my phone. I was not aware of this, the Tmobile employee did not tell me this, did not check if I was in the military and I did not say that I was because I am not.  I have received nothing from Tmobile in terms of a rebate or that I am not eligibile and of course they took my phone. I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE IF I DID NOT GET THE REBATE. Has this happened to you because I have contact with another person this happened to at the same store in Cincinnati? I am pursuing all avenues

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Oh boy this is just sad, but I wanna help you out as best as I can. I'd like to take a look at this offer and see what the details are. Do you remember the month you went into the store to redeem the offer? I'd like to narrow down when we ran it and that'll help me out a ton. Also, did you hear about this offer in the store, or did you find it online?

• tjmschmidt@gmail.com

March, I was referred by the friend it also happened too and saw ad online if not also on tv.  The language of the offer doesn't mean anything, accept the amount of the rebate I should get. I was, mislead either purposely or negligently by those acting under Tmobile authority. As I said I would not have bought the phone if not for the rebate because it was out of my price range. They took my property under false pretenses. I apologize if I come off as mad because I am upset. I do appreciate your assistance.and hope this can be resolved without the need to return the purchased phone for the old one and everything I would need to do to feel whole under the transaction that I was led into.

• tmo_mike_c

You're right. Being in the military isn't a requirement. When you bought the phone, did you pay for it out right or sign up for EIP? I appreciate you finding the offer and I know this is upsetting so thanks for letting me help.

• tjmschmidt@gmail.com

I pay monthly.

• tmo_mike_c

Okay. Thanks for that info. Before you left the store, were you given any other instructions or told anything else about the offer? Not that this is required, but have you reached out to the person that accepted the phone for a status or update on what happened?

• tjmschmidt@gmail.com

Ok, apparently the other person I spoke of who I know personally and I had two different problems. She was told that her rebate didn't apply because the offer was only for military people. As we discussed and document TM98 shows that was not the case. Having done my transaction 2 days after the other person we both went to the store and I traded in an S4 which provided a $200 rebate. Knowing the timing of when the rebate should be applied to the bill she realized that her bill did not reflect the rebate as it should have (she had traded in two S7s for a total rebate of $360X2). She contacted and had a long drawn out call which required a supervisor to be demanded because of the continued argument and refusal on the grounds it was military. They did resolve it by giving her the current promo of BOGO for s9s. But could not find rebate. In my case after an hour and half in chat where I provided the Tmobile offer document number and essentially my beginning post they determined my rebate had been lost because I changed my number shortly after purchasing the phone.

In terms to your question, No I was not told by tmobile store employees what to do or expect. In fact, neither of our purchase orders reflected that phones had been handed over for rebates. Absolutely no proof was provided that was done, nothing. On my purchase order, it stated "Not Discount Eligible" which I, unfortunately, did not see until I was in the chat. I fully anticipated I would hear that I had not traded in the phone. Somehow that was not the case. So it appears I will receive the rebate I contracted for. But it is incomprehensible to me that no receipt or acknowledgment is provided that a piece of property was handed over to them. So we shall see, but it appears to be resolved after an hour and a half.

And no I did not contact the store employees. But would expected little help because they didn't know the terms of the offer and we had to have them bring up the ad on the store computer. I felt they did not care and felt I was treated very badly. And as stated above I don't think they would have any record or memory of me giving them my phone.

That's my story and I am sticking to it. But this should not be this hard but know why it is.

Luckily for us I did see in another field we being protected because they just fired all on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. So we got going for us.

• magenta4738980

Same Crap they are doing to me after buying aprox 4,500 worth of phones (4 iphones X) and after making me migrate 2 other lines from my company from other 2 carriers never sending the return labels for the trade-ins.  I had supposedly 90 days to ship the phones after buying the 4 phones and 90 days to port in the 2 lines and they are rejecting to send the rebates after 40 days of the purchase because not porting the numbers on time.

They are a joke,  surprise they confirmed several times that I had 90 days and that all was ok in addition to the call from the acquisition on a recorded line.

Fraudulent carrier they suck

• magenta4738980

Documenting your case in addition of some other cases I found with excuses not to pay.  Corporately all the companies I manage are moving out of them not just the Holding,  not playing with this kind of people.  Sorry it happened to you too.

Good luck, kind regards

• tjmschmidt@gmail.com

I am not sure what that means with regard to the rebate but I personally know another person this was told to and the intense, apparently illegal and unnecessary. phone debate which required escalation with continued denial and eventual capitulation by a supervisor. So will I receive what I contracted for or are further steps to rightfully resolve?  Apparently, I have been confused this whole time.

• magenta4738980

Nothing is illegal at all, You have all the right to call and strongly ask for what was contracted.  Read your Rebate Promo, is kind of the same that I sent Sir. All the continuous denials by non well trained personnel and escalating to supervisors that end with other excuses. Same as you I tried in a friendly way that is desperating know because all I find is people that try to excuse the non payment with the first letter that they find at all levels unfortunately.   Hope you solve your case sincerelly.

• tmo_mike_c

Wow! It's really not supposed to be this troublesome but I'm glad you reached out to our chat folks for help. Sounds like we have an opportunity to fine tune some the experience in our store so we can all be on one page, and this doesn't happen in the future. Thanks for coming here to tell us this. It's really good feedback I can mention to our internal folks about how we handle these rebates in the store. Were you given any specifics about when you'll be receiving the rebate or any actions you'll need to take?