A derogatory mark on my credit report

quanat28

Hello,

I checked my credit score yesterday using credit karma. I noticed my score had dropped a little.  i have a debt of  $111.00 due to ERC from t mobile. The date says from July 2017. It is now June 2018 and I have been on a monthly plan paying $55.00 every month. I called customer service and nobody can really tell me anything. The account was now closed. The rep said she did a dispute and someone should call me back in 9 days. I got off the phone feeling unhappy. I can't believe I been on a monthly plan up until now and nothing was brought to my attention about an unpaid balance. I wouldn't even be able to have a monthly plan with a unpaid balance from a contract due. Now I have to wait 9 days to just figure out what's going on.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: A derogatory mark on my credit report

Yikes, I'm terribly sorry you having heard back about this. I'm sure there's a way to shine some light on what happened and get this sorted out. Can you reach out to our T-Force team? They can be reached using the Facebook or Twitter links on our Contact Us page. They have account access and can dive right in to see exactly what's going on.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi again.

Did you still need some help here? Please give us a reply and let us know. Thanks!

• quanat28

Hello,

I'm just now seeing this. Nobody has reached yet. I still need assistanc.

• quanat28

So the T-Force was no help. I was told my account was closed with a balance still due when I switched to a prepaid plan. I just think it's crazy that I did everything over the phone with a customer service rep talking me through the process. Never was I told I had a balance due on the account. They wouldn't even let me switch until the end of my bill cycle. The only thing T force told me was to dispute it. I have alrready done it but I called the collection agency and did another dispute. They told me that this happen all the time. People forget they have a second account. I should've got a note saying the account was closed and paid. Pretty much they just want me to get over it and pay it. I dont remember seeing a letter but if I did I don't have it anymore. But I know I never was told I had a unpaid balance that's one thing I'm sure of. I feel like my account was mishandled and t mobile was not transparent with me. I'm glad I'm no longer with t mobile and won't be coming back. The damage has already been done.