Service termination for excessive roaming

jbonita67@yahoo.com

Would like to know why they are disconnecting my service for excessive roaming? When I was very clear with the sales associate if this would be a problem because I work in the oilfield industry and my job takes me to different places for months at a time.They assured me this would not be an issue and now I have received a text message letting me know my service will be terminated on the 18th  of June for excessive roaming. Would like to know my options I have four lines and I think this is really poor customer service.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man, this is such a touch situation. We really should have been more clear. When you're using our service, the larger portion of that usage has to be on T-Mobile's coverage, not roaming. You're welcome to Contact Us and speak with our care folks about other plan options, but if the larger portion of your usage will be roaming, the choices we have may be limited.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • stevew407

Where are you roaming as I am overseas and they have been more than fair about the roaming BUT the wifi calls keep getting billed and disputed and my phone has been turned off for non-payment.  Curious if you have had any of these issues? Also, what you plan to do for replacements?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • elena111

I was in Europe for two weeks in August 1-15. I did use local wifi, and roaming only sometime when wifi was not sufficient. I called T-Mobile prior to trip and confirmed that I have "unlimited data roaming", as per my contract. I didn't hear a peep about "excessive usage". TODAY, September 12, I received T-Mobile text informing me that my service is "affected, because of my excessive roaming". This is RIDICULOUS. I am a buisness customer paying hundreds per month on average. And I have my G4 connection suspended mid September because I was on vacation for two weeks in August? T-Mobile, you going to lose customers by bunch, plus get lawsuits. This is not a good business practice!

• miket

Re: Service termination for excessive roaming

How much data and voice did you use?   What plan are you on? 

We have used this intl. roaming feature in 12 or 13 countries for 10 days to (in at least one case) 5 weeks.   Never used much data or voice.  Much data would have been using Google Maps when driving.  My guess is not over 1G per line at the most.  We travel w. 2 phones.  Account had 6 lines til recently - now 8.

• elena111

I didn't even watch my data, because I was told "unlimited roaming". Isn't

it a false advertising?

I have four lines BIZ FM UTT+6GB, visited four countries, 15 days.

Used for FB, email etc. Didn't care much, whether it's wifi or data, again,

because it was spelled out "unlimited

data usage free". Most of the time wifi was available.

It's not the point how much I used it. The point is that A) I was on

vacation for just two weeks,

B) I was told when signed on and for all my years with T-Mobile that "data

roaming is free" internationally.

Suddenly, they send me text with some ridiculously vague claim of

"excessive usage".

• miket

Since you appear to have a "small business" account - you should have a rep.  In any case you can contact CS via email.  (Only business customers can do that.)  You are the first business customer (besides me) I've ever seen on this forum. 

All carriers can cut off people for "abusing" the system.  (Like some people who think they can give up home internet and stream countless movies over "unlimited" data.)   IF they thought you were abusing the system, TM should have sent you a warning text first.   

Just occurred to me -  Didn't TM (in the past year) limit the amount of intl. roaming data you can use each month based on your plan?