t mobile unlock phone for emergency

magenta5113963

I was a customer for 15 years and last year as my old age gets into the 80s  I canceled my seldom used plan due to cost and my ability to pay for it.Now I need the use of a cell phone in case my land line goes out which it does frequently.When i attempted to unlock my old phone the system wants to me to fill in my old number which I no longer have and also so that they can send a text to verify I am who I say I AM.tHIS MEANS i AM STYMIED from the get go and are getting no help on the problem.I plan because of money constraints to go with a 10 dollar a month carrier for a cell phone which I hope I never have to use only for emergence's.What do I do?

All replies

• magenta5113963

I would use one the sites on the internet however I can not chance thar unless someone can tell me that they are legit.Does any body have any experience in unlocking?

• gramps28

Re: t mobile unlock phone for emergency

If it's a locked Tmobile phone and you're going to get a cheap prepay plan for emergencies why don't

you get the Tmobile $3 a month plan.

Pay as you go

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_amanda

Hello, magenta5113963 and welcome to our Support Community!

gramps28 makes a great point about our Pay As You Go plans. Have you checked those out yet? As far as unlocking your phone, what type of phone do you have? You'll have to meet these requirements before it can be unlocked: Unlock your mobile wireless device .

• magenta5113963

I have an old tmobile phone which was used on a different number which is no longer active,I have not been a tmobile customer since last year,I paid off my account and are not using a different system which due to constraints I no longer want,If you have a flip phone you can use up 30 minutes by just getting sales and wrong numbers

.I can not understand why Tmobile is giving me trouble.I only want to use my phone bought and paid for,a ztez320 avflip phone not some  smart phone and I am getting ready to go to the puc or whom ever complaints are sent to,the procedure to unlock requires me to receive  a text on the old phone but it is an on a number which I no longer have so how can i go any further.Whats next ?Just for the record the 3 dollar plan does not suit my requirments.

• tmo_amanda

Ah, the code you're referring to sounds like one used to verify your account, is that right? If we're putting in a request to unlock your device, the only reason we'd send a text would be a step in the verification process.

• magenta5113963

thats correct as long as i try to fill in the questions as long as i am unable to receive a text they refuse to go any further,like why not sending me a email or a phone call at my land line or asking me for the number of my last invoice which shows all paid up 0 owed after 15 years of tmoble i though i be better treated.

• qktreasures

Is this a T-mobile phone your trying to get unlocked? Also what provider is this $10 plan to? If I were you I would check out www.bestmvno.com the owner of that site does a really great job of comparing prepaid & post paid plans. Also do you qualify for any state or government ran free or discount phone service? Do you have home internet & how much are you paying for the landline service? Thank you very much & have a wonderful day!!   ☺️

All the best,

Ron.

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta5113963

What kind of plan did you have with us before? Were you on a prepaid plan or did you have a postpaid plan?

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Did you still need some help? Please give us a reply and let us know how things are going. Thanks!

• magenta5113963

I was a customer for 16 years last plan was a grandfather 30 per month.Had a ztez320 flip phone which i purchased for 60$ no plan attached.When I ended my T mobile I paid the bill compete account 259407611 and had no T Mobile cell for 1year and 6 months (currently).I want to use it as I travel buying local sim cards so that I have a emergency phone available rather than the 911 deal, and with foreign country's if possible.I am not going to use it as I have hearing problems and my wife would be the used of the phone.As you know the first steo with unlocking is T Mobile requires a text to be sent to the phone number of the phone.however since the phone is dead and the number no longer in service with me,I gave it up as I have land Line phones.This creates a a problem and the computer will not let me go any further.The company's position is that I will not be able to unlock my phone.As of this writing I am complaining to the PUC and writing a letter to AARP and telling ever senior citizen that I meet about my problems and how T Mobile is refusing to obey the law and unlock my phone

• gramps28

If you're plan was a prepaid plan then Tmobile is following the law in that the account has to be active to

receive an unlock code.Remember you can't pick and choose the requirements but meet all.

BTW what's the PUC?

If you read through the FCC's guideline for unlocking phone's you will find they meet the requirements.

Cell Phone Unlocking FAQs | Federal Communications Commission

Unlock your mobile wireless device

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be a T-Mobile device.
                              • The device must not be reported to T-Mobile as lost, stolen, or blocked.
                              • The account associated with the device must not be canceled, and be in good standing.
                              • You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
                              • The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance (Prepaid) Unlocking terms outlined below.
                              • T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
                            • magenta5113963

Will you people who keep telling me that T Mobile is correct are wrong,I had a 15 year old grandfather plan with 150 minutes per month,no data no text it was one of the original plans first with T Mobile it was changed to 500 mins I believe after about 10 years.It was not a pre paid plan and I paid full price for the flip phone when I renewed because if I had not paid full price for it I would have been moved off my original grandfather plan and on to a modern plan.for your infomation I was using a open phone the original for most of the time as I very rarely used the cell because of hearing problems which came about in thew Korean WAR.