That's super weird that your unlocked S8 isn't allowing a connection to your new carrier. May I ask who your new carrier is? Have you tried any other carrier's SIM in your phone since unlocking it? Lastly, have you tried their SIM in a known working device that's programmed for their network?
I am not able to use the new sim card (new career) after unlocking my phone via the app "Device Unlock".
- Phone Galaxy S8 has been paid-off since April 2018.
- Device Unlocked since April 2018.
- Device unlock app says "Device Permanently Unlocked".
- When inserting the new sim card: I have network (from new career) for about ONE SECOND and then "No Network".
- Double checked new career Access Point Names and parameters (they have been detected and correct).
- Called customer service 3 times and they say that my phone "SHOULD BE" unlocked and good to go.
However, when I check "Service Provider SW ver." I still have TMB/XAA/TMB under Setting > About Phone > Service provider SW ver. after unlocking my Galaxy S8.
Can someone help me go through this because when I call my new career, they say their Sim card is ready to go on the phone and they have no restrictions or issues from their end.
The software will ALWAYS be tied to the carrier it was intended for. The phone will be unlocked to use on other carrier. You may need to contact Samsung as to why it's not connecting. What's the name of your other carrier?
go to settings, apps, find device unlock app in the list, go to storage, click clear cache, then clear data
go back to device unlock application and attempt to unlock again.