Galaxy S9 Security Updates

alexdt17

Hi, I was wondering when the May security update is going to be released? I can't find any info on it and it isn't listed on the update page.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Galaxy S9 Security Updates

Hey there! No specific dates to report but keeping an eye on the Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9 page is going to be the best bet.

• landeus

Its JUNE 7th Chris and the S9 and S9+ phones are on FEBRUARY security patches. What about now? There's a HUGE span of time and multiple missing updates that should be delivered every month. Today alone I've read 4 articles online from well read tech/mobile sites that have this issue "specifically" in the titles. What is going on?

• tmo_chris

I am super sorry for the delays folks. I am reaching out to our internal teams to see if I can get any updates. Please do keep an eye on the document i linked earlier for any additional information.

• landeus

That's what Samsung said a couple weeks ago. T-Mobole knows what's wrong. There's no way in the universe that they don't know. Tell them to tell us why we have unsecured operating systems on our phones. If they can't answer in a day then they're hiding something very big. People are buying up your phones and they are unaware that there is a possibility that after the 15 day return period comes and goes, they may he stuck with a phone that is not at all what they expected. Just do a news search on ANY web browser using variations of "Samsung S9 (or S9+) security patch" anything along those lines and like me, every day you'll see one more reputable tech/phone review site writing articles about tmobile. Please just answer the question. Why?

• cameronnoland

It's pretty upsetting that T-Mobile has said nothing about an update - a $900 flagship device is using software from March. Meanwhile, the newest patch is being rolled out across Canada today. Fantastic, T-Mobile.

• magenta2989621

I also think this is very shady.... I mean it was pulled 52 day ago and still no update or even a scrap of news? I think they found out that the phones are like software time bombs and they cant seem to get any update they are testing to work. Its gonna be fun next march when P comes out and were sitting on February/March 2018

• landeus

Can we at least get the March update perhaps in July? I humble myself before thee.

• tmo_chris

Checking with my device contact and we don't have an exact date but it will be very soon and it will catch everyone up.

• landeus

The nice thing about these responses that we get from Tmobile compared to the ones we get from Samsung is that they at least say " it will he very soon".  Samsung just says " we currently don't have any information regarding an update but you can check by..." ....(you know the rest). Now what is the definition of soon to Tmobile? 2 months? A week, tomorrow, a few hours? We know you won't say which just tells us these are canned responses. Same ones from weeks ago. These forums are really just useless vacuums for venting anger.

If these phones can't get past February patches by July then Samsung needs to issue a recall.

• theartiszan

I doubt there will be a recall. There is nothing wrong with the devices but Samsung's ability to provide the updates.

• landeus

Also according to Tmobile's own Tmo_nic and even Samsung, they ARE getting sent updates. The problem is that the updates get tested by the carrier and if a problem is found and any changes are made, it takes about 2 weeks turnaround time to het a new one. I do believe that T-Mobile and AT&T are both getting updates, but for some reason, even with july only about a week away, neither GSM carrier can get it to work.

• landeus

I dunno, do a google search for the "Sunrise Gold S9/S9+ coming to Best Buy in the US on June 24th". In a couple of the articles they state that it *won't be able to be activated on T-Mobile* but will be able to on Verizon, Sprint, ....

....and even AT&T gets a mention... really weird.

I wonder if it too will come with that silly new fancy February security patch. Why we need more of Samsung's trash yet in another color is beyond my comprehension. I gotta remember to make some noise on Best Buy's website on launch day! Yippy!

• landeus

• landeus

I could understand 3, 4 or 6 months to come up with a major android update, but these are security patches. Not one single patch can be released. Something sounds broken don't ya think?

• alexdt17

The update has finally been released. I'm downloading the new update now.