Branched to a new discussion.

Call Forwarding iOS 11.4 Not Working

magenta2718040

Is anyone experiencing call forwarding problems on Iphone 7Plus using iOS 11.4?  After the update I can no longer set up a call forwarding number.

Any assistance or ideas are appreciated

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey magenta2718040! I haven't seen any reports of trouble with this so far, but we're happy to do our best to help! What method are you using to establish call forwarding -- are you going through settings on the phone, or using short codes? Did you set up call forwarding successfully on 11.3 using the same approach? Have you reset your phone since updating to the new software?

• tmo_marissa

magenta2718040, how are things going now? Were you able to get in touch with T-Force?

dschneider799, sorry to read you're seeing the same error messages! You mentioned that you don't believe it's the update -- what type of phone are you using? Side note: I removed the email domain from your username -- we encourage folks not to use email addresses as usernames in this public forum. I've sent a PM your way which you can check and reply to in your inbox if there's another username you'd prefer!

• ian_p

Re: Call Forwarding iOS 11.4 Not Working

I had the same errors Magenta had.

Here is how I fixed it:

On your iPhone go to Settings, Phone, Call Forwarding and turn it on.

Don't enter a phone number, but go back to settings and then the home screen.

Now these codes worked for me:

**61*NUMBER#

**62*NUMBER#

**67*NUMBER#

Good luck!!!

• dschneider799

Those codes are not working on my phone and TM people are no help for 4 weeks now. That switch you turned on in settings turns back off as soon as you leave that screen without entering a number. Even when the response from the codes says it has turned something on or off the effect is nothing has really changed although mostly the message is that the command failed. This is a network issue and may be different in different locations of service. I'm certain its not an iOS  or iPhone issue.

• ian_p

The switch turned off when I went back to look at it as well, but for whatever reason, when I tried the short codes again there was no error.

I was due for some good luck today, so YMMV. 

• mainlander22114

Having a similar problem.  Settings for call waiting, forwarding and Caller ID settings are unavailable.  Customer support was helpful but felt it was in IOS issue.  I updated from IOS 11.3.1 to 11.4 and it did not solve the issue.  Appears to be a problem on iPhone 6, and 7 as well.  Using short codes results in the error listed above.  Lucky I don't use these features often.....

• dschneider799

Fact is that  Customer Unsupport knows nothing about this problem. Even their tech people can't answer it and keep telling me they are referring it to Engineering. Whether in fact they have or not I do not know because  no one ever calls me back. (A common trait of CS people at Mobile) One thing I know for sure is that it is not an IOS problem. It may be a network problem that only effects iOS phons but the iOS is not the cause.  If TM is going to sell these phones they need make sure they can function fully on their network. Personally I just want my money back from TM and I'll take my line back to Verizon.

• magenta5154662

This cannot be due to an iOS update. I am still on 10.3 and have constantly used call forwarding. As of a day or two ago, I get the same error message. For a while, I was stuck with my phone forwarding all calls when I needed them to come to my phone. The rep corrected that, but she had no clue why forwarding is broken. Sent a ticket to tech support and I have yet to hear anything.

• anitao

We are having the same issue.  As of Wednesday, June 6, the forwarding option on my iPhone 7 and my daughter’s iPhone8 no longer functions.  I tried to fix it by downloading the update, but that didn’t work.  Clearly this is a network issue that T-Mobile needs to resolve...hopefully soon as I work in an environment where I cannot bring my phone in, I rely on call forwarding everyday.

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for chiming in, all -- I'm sorry to read that this is impacting so many of you!
                          magenta5154662, would you be able to share the ID number for the ticket that was filed on your behalf?
                          Has anyone else experiencing this had a ticket filed -- and if so, would you be so kind as to share the number here?

Thank you!

• magenta2718040

I tried to submit a trouble ticket and customer support would not let me.

The support desk was able to forward my phone to my Verizon phone but when

I asked them to help with the problem the technician told me he had no idea

and was not able to help.  I pushed for support but was told it wasn't a

T-Mobile issue.  The person was nice, but not helpful nor knowledgeable

about any T-Mobile services.  Bottom line - this is the a critical

requirement for me - as I travel and when flying I forward my phone for

emergency support.  Now, i have to rely on Verizon and carry two phones in

order to keep my small business afloat - we have 20 lines.  Very

frustrating that this is unresolved.  I will say that this is a common

theme with T-Mobile - for instance voice mail doesn't always work -

sometime voice mails show up hours and days later - when i called they said

it was a know problem and would be fixed sometime in the future.  Apple

watch 3 activation were also a problem - took 8 weeks to get my watch

activated.

Hope you can help with this

• magenta5154662

I'm sorry but I do not have the ticket number. But I still have the problem everyone else is complaining about...

While infuriating, I have found that repeated attempts will eventually work. You have to watch the confirmation screen carefully, but I have experienced success with as few as three tries and as many as twenty-seven! This is ridiculous.

One more thing. In addition to this NOT being an OS version issue (I am still on 10.3), it cannot be an iPhone 7, 8 or 10 issue either. I have an SE.

Polite, sympathetic and "helpful" customer care only goes so far. It is meaningless without results. I don't need an automobile mechanic to be sympathetic to my brake problem. I need him or her to fix them.

• dschneider799

You need to be careful because many times it says it has succeeded but when

I tested it it has not made the change that I sent the code in for.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:22 PM magenta5154662 <no-reply@t-mobile.com>

• tmo_marissa

I hear you, magenta5154662. When we file a ticket, it should send an automated SMS with ticket information -- if you go back through your messages, do you see anything like that? It's interesting to read that it does work after multiple attempts (while of course I agree that it should just work). Have you noticed any patterns -- number of tries, network signal strength, connected to WiFi, anything like that?
                                      I super appreciate the call-out regarding iOS version -- I noted the variance between the devices but it's good to note that this isn't limited to 11.4.
                                      I'm going to reach out to our contact who works with the Apple related content to see if they've heard anything about this, but I do want to be straightforward that the way to report issues to engineering is via the trouble ticket process that I've mentioned so that teams have the necessary account data to look at the back end of the system -- this isn't something that we can collect in a public user forum because it's not a secure platform for account verification, so the ticket provides that information. I know it probably seems like I'm harping on that point, but I promise there's a reason!
                                      For now though, it doesn't hurt to reach out and ask if anyone's heard anything -- I'll keep everyone posted, and in the meantime if anyone files a ticket or comes across a ticket number, that would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

magenta2718040, I can't imagine why we weren't able to get a ticket filed for you -- so far I haven't been able to locate a known issue for this functionality! When did you speak to the Tech team? I'd like to try to use that date to go back in our system issues log and see if there's something I'm missing!
                                    We definitely want to help -- while we don't have a secure platform to verify your account and file a ticket from here, our T-Force partners in Twitter and Facebook do have the ability to get tickets filed; so if reaching out online works for you, they would be a great resource. That said, if you don't mind sharing the general timeline for the call first, I'd like to double check and make sure it's not a known issue -- if it is, I don't want to take up your time encouraging you to reach out to get a ticket filed!

• hbyerly

Same problem here! Tech support keeps telling me to use the short codes, but that is much more difficult and I get the same error codes others have mentioned. 

• ian_p

Has no one else tried what worked for me?

On your iPhone go to Settings, Phone, Call Forwarding and turn it on.

Don't enter a phone number, but go back to settings and then the home screen.

If you go back into settings, the switch turned off but no matter.

Now these codes worked for me:

**61*NUMBER#

**62*NUMBER#

**67*NUMBER#

• dschneider799

It is obvious that the same thing is happening to many people and TM does NOTHING about it. This forum is just go keep us busy and off the phone lines complaining to them. This is a business disaster for me and no one at TM really cares. Company policy is obviously to have staff listen and express their concerns and try their best to make us feel cared but then they do nothing at all. Every time I talk to Tech Support or Customer Support they promise to calm back. NO ONE has ever called me back because they have no answers. This company should never be allowed to buy another network or merge or obtain any new broadcast licenses for network expansion until they rebuild their CS policies and and staff. This is what cheap pricing does I suppose.  smh

• magenta5241927

I cannot forward my Iphone 7 either & if this is an ongoing issue I may leave T-Mobile too & go to AT&T since it is apparent no one in customer service wants to not get this resolved!! I rely on call forwarding on my iphone!!! This s beyond annoying & yes I tried ALL the codes nothing worked!!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, folks. I'm sorry to say that I still am not seeing any known issues listed for call forwarding either generally, or specifically regarding the short codes.

Has anyone been able to reach out and have a ticket filed? If so, would you be so kind as to provide ticket numbers that I can forward to an offline team for review? I'd be happy to pass details along! Regarding the ask for information to contact T-Force; There's not a link; just visit T-Mobile's Facebook page and send a Message from there, or visit us on Twitter and send a DM -- we'll be able to take a look!

hbyerly, I noticed you said that your call forwarding is working again -- is that via short codes or the device menu?

• hbyerly

It began working again through the menu, this is after nearly three weeks of not working.

I messaged with tech support but they did not give me a ticket number. Their only advice was to use the short codes, but that did not work (I got an error code).

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                                  • dschneider799

I have ticket numbers but I do not have them with me right now. The people that are claiming that it takes many tries to get it to work may be in error. I have had that same experience and had the screen show success and yet the change was never made at the switch. I haven’t even had the same experience with a tech on the phone with me at the same time while I was in a store. It seems blatantly Obvious to me at this time that people in engineering don’t want to be bothered because every time I call tech or customer support I’m told it’s the first if they have heard of this problem. I know that is impossible

• ian_p

From the Apple support forums:

I was unable to set up call forwarding. I… - Apple Community

Mine is set how I want from my previous post, but I came across this and thought I would share.

Ian

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                    • magenta3154374

I'm also getting an error using the **61* although the **62* and **67* work in my iPhone X. I also get an error using **004*/*004* using wifi and data calling.

• hexonxonx

I have verified that this is strictly a iOS 11.4 problem and is not a carrier problem.

I have an 8+ and a 7+ on 11.4 and call  forwarding does not work by going to settings/phone/call forwarding.

I have other phones such as a 6S on 11.3.1 and a 6+ on 9.0.1 and call forwarding works as expected.

I also have two iPhone SEs on 11.1.2 and call forwarding works as expected.

I have a Note 8 and several S7 Edge phones and call forwarding works as expected on those.

I have tried all of these phones with an AT&T and a T-Mobile sim and call forwarding will not work on the iOS 11.4 phones only.

• dschneider799

I have an iphone 6 using iOS 11.4 and the forwarding functions using codes is working perfectly as it always has.  If this an 11,4 issue it is only with T Mobile. Secondly when If first got my iPhone 8 Plus it was not yet upgraded to 11.4 and the forwarding never working from the first minute I got the phone end of May. I have been on with Tech Support since the first day I got it.

• magenta5268940

Per your request, I’m logging my issues here As I responded to a closed thread. I have the exact same issue as magenta2718040 with the same error message.

I am on an IPhone 7 Plus on iOS 11.4.

• bettercallkwan

I started experiecing the same issue in the week of June 11. I called tmo and of course nobody has experience the same issue. I spent five hours testing everything and it still doesn’t work; I have reset my phones (iPhone 7 Plus and 6s plus) several timesand set them up as new phones, I tried punching the **21* code on keypad and resulted in error messages, the issue lingers. I now resort to call in 611 and ask the Tmo tech to make sure that calls are being forwarded on the Tmo backbone, and I will also call in to make sure it is being un-forwarded. I will test it right after I called, and it always works; though it is an inconvenient workaround.

By now it should be a known issue, it bothers me that none of the Tmo tech has heard of this issue.

• dschneider799

Brave for your post here. More people need to get their backs up over this. Obviously they are hiding this in plain sight. It appears that their tactic is deny deny deny and maybe it will go away.This forum is to keep us all busy hoping we will get help rather than actually helping. The moderator here even still denies any knowledge of it.  What a JOKE this network is. Worst customer service in the industry.  But then we all wanted cheap rates right?

• dschneider799

It should be quite obvious to all of us by now that TM is hiding the fact of this issue. CS or Tech always denies ever hearing of it before. There is nothing in the computer system they use that shows this as a known issue. (or at least that is what they say each time I call) This thread shows there are plenty of people who have and are suffering with this issue and no solutions. We need to get to upper management and there is no way for us to do that from anyone in CS or Tech. Again I suggest  we all call the home office and bombard the Twitter with complaints as well. If we make enough noise maybe we get this fixed. Also  go to this link and file a complaint with FCC

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Twitter IDs@Tmobile

*edited to remove incorrect contact information - Marissa

• bettercallkwan

Hey 799:

I think it is a combination of Tmo and even Apple should be held accountable. Hexon up there has written about this, and I concur with very similar test environment. Tmo need to acknowledge the problem, and Appple should fix it, more importantly, they should stop wasting customers' time to advise them to do a clean reset, call apple, and other avenues that leads to nowhere.

• bettercallkwan

Thank you for starting the thread. Tmo need to get on the ball!!!

• busterdog1

Until two days ago, my Iphone8 on AT&T call forwarded just fine.  As soon as I switched to TMobile, it will not call forward.   I have tried every possible away to get it to work.  

• bettercallkwan

Over the weekend (on June 23, 2018), the call forwarding feature is finally working the way it was suppose to. My issue started June 11, 2018, ended June 23, 2018. Of course, accordingly to Tmobile, I am a standalone case. I suspected that this has to do with the IOS upgrade 11.4 didn't get along with Tmobile's system. While CALL FORWARDING seemed to work with other carriers, it had trouble with Tmobile network. If Tmobile would have admitted that there was a lingering issue on their system to every customer that calls, they probably would have gotten yelled at and spent a lot of time doing customer therapy; on the other side customers collectively spent hours or days scratching our heads and tried to figure out what was going on. I much preferred they gave me a timeline so I could have anticipated how to handle all my business calls.

• tmo_marissa

Thanks for the update, bettercallkwan -- has anyone else been able to get this working since this weekend? Is anyone still having issues, and if so, do you happen to have a ticket number I can pass along?
                                                                            While I still don't have any information about a known issue for this, I definitely agree that with the volume of users expressing trouble there's something funny going on/something funny was going on. The teams I reached out to were asking for examples via ticket number to forward to engineering for trending -- I'm still definitely able to follow back up with them with more info if anyone has tickets to contribute! <3

• magenta5551212

Hi everyone, I really appreciate everyone who posted in this thread.

I work for a company that offers an app called RoboKiller, to help you block and get revenge on annoying spam callers on your iPhone and Android phone. One of the features we use is (conditional) call forwarding. We had noticed that this seemed to suddenly be either extremely sporadic or pretty much broken on T-Mobile's side, starting late May.

Thanks to the info in this thread, and our internal data that tracked when this started, we were able to use some of our contacts to get in touch with someone at T-Mobile higher up the chain than what you would likely get from this forum. He was then able to forward the info to the right department on the network side and get them to look into the issue. They did in fact confirm that there was an issue very quickly. They were able to fix it pretty much that same night, and apparently that fix rolled out to the whole network instantly, because when we came in the morning everything started working again in our testing.

It's a little bit disappointing that T-Mobile doesn't have any processes in place to escalate common things reported on the forum, as there was a lot of useful info here that pointed out there definitely was an issue. But we're really happy we were able to get this fixed for our RoboKiller users and for everyone else that relies on call forwarding programming.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, all!

Wanted to check back in here with a few updates.
                                                                                Our engineering team identified an issue with iOS call forwarding errors shortly after we forwarded this thread, and trended them for a week. At this point, they believe the issue they were able to isolate, thanks to a patch, is resolved.

That said, if you're still experiencing trouble, there is a workaround you can attempt:

• In device settings, turn off LTE, then turn off call forwarding. Then put the device back on LTE.
                                                                                • These settings can be accessed in SETTINGS > CELLULAR > CELLULAR DATA OPTIONS > ENABLE LTE > OFF.
                                                                                • Please be sure to turn LTE back on after the issue has been worked around. This is not a permanent solution and could re-occur if you attempt to use Call Forwarding while on LTE and an Apple Device.

Also, if you are still experiencing issues, even if the workaround is successful, please contact our Tech team and have a ticket filed. You can reference Master Trouble Ticket #20022570 when reaching out! If the Tech team is able to add examples to this ticket, excellent -- if they need to file a new ticket, please post back here with the ticket number and we will pass it directly to them.

Thank you so much for your patience and persistence!

*edited to add: a best practice that the member of the engineering team we worked with shared is that for iOS, call forwarding via the device settings is preferable to using the short codes, generally speaking. This doesn't mean that the USSD codes will consistently fail, but the device setting method is more reliable overall. Just seemed worth sharing!

• magenta5669668

I have this problem with iPhone 6 iOS 11.

When I try with the phone settings I simply get a message saying "loading" and never completes.

I tried using short codes and I get messages like this

"Error performing request

Unknown error"

"Setting Registration Failed

Voice Call Forwarding

On All Calls"

and similar errors.

There seems to be no way to turn call forwarding on.