Galaxy S8 Unlock

hongluhe

I have a galaxy S8 purchased from samsung.com, which is locked to Tmobile network. I have contacted Tmobile hundreds of time, and Samsung as well, but never get the issue solved. Tmobile told me that this was not a Tmobile device, but it does have a Tmobile unlock app. Is it possible to ask Tmobile to add my IMEI to their system so that they could unlock my phone?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Galaxy S8 Unlock

Contacting Tmobile support on facebook or Twitter would be your best bet to get

this resolved.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Re: Galaxy S8 Unlock

Hey there! We definitely see folks in this funky situation every so often, and I honestly believe that gramps28 is correct. Our internal teams need to review your account to make sure it meets the eligibility criteria outlined in this policy: Unlock your mobile wireless device. Provided all that is in order, we should then be able to send an unlock escalation email to our offline SIM team on your behalf. These requests go to an offline team, who will then work with Samsung to confirm your IMEI (our database only includes devices that we have retailed). Sometimes, but not always, a proof of purchase may be necessary. Once Samsung confirms the IMEI it can be added to the database to whitelist your device for unlock through the app. This process does take longer than a standard unlock, we usually advise up to 14 business days.

1 of 1 people found this helpful