International incoming calls when abroad

magenta4905010

I have an iPhone X with the T-Mobile T4B Global Plus One plan.  I spend significant time in Japan. Whenever I receive a call from US (and sometimes from Japanese phones) my phone either does not ring or does half a ring and then abruptly cuts off and sends the caller to voicemail. This is having a serious impact on my ability to receive important calls from the US (frequent occurrence). I previously had an iPhone 8+ and exactly the same thing was happening. I changed my phone hoping it would fix the problem - it did not. I have checked my settings many tines and they are the same as others from my company with same phone and plan.  I make use of Apple earpods- mihht this have something to do with the issue? Although the problem occurs even when I am not using them.  Really need help on this - it is extremely frustrating.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Do you have any issues receiving calls in other countries? This is going to sound sort of silly, but you'd be surprised how often we see it, do you happen to know if there may be an international call blocking enabled on your account by accident?

Thanks!

-Lauren

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4905010 -- thanks for posting; I can see how this is inconvenient, to say the least.
          Since it sounds like you've checked all the settings that can be reviewed on your end; in this situation I would recommend reaching out to our international roamer's Care team and having us take a look at your call forwarding settings. Maybe we could test extending the length of time/rings before the call is forwarded to VM? If that's not effective, the next step would be filing a ticket for this issue -- our team will just need to make sure we file it under the Roaming category.

Call while roaming internationally: +1-505-998-3793