Branched to a new discussion.

No service

magenta2264610

Do they have the problems fixed in the 74759 area? No service at all last night  and this morning the signal was going from almost nothing to full and back to almost nothing. Hotspot would not work either. This is the second day of this. This is getting to be a once a month deal with T Mobile. The un-carrier network I believe is true.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: No service

Hey, magenta2264610!

I checked out the area and don't see any reported outage but something may have been going on over the weekend. How are your services working now? You also mentioned that this happens about once a month -- do you know anyone else with T-Mobile that experiences no service in the same area that you do?

• magenta2264610

I don't know anyone else that has T Mobile here. I have had trouble since last Thursday at 2 pm. No service at all the rest of that day. Then interment since then. Yesterday afternoon my wife called and it dropped the call. I had one bar. I could not return the call. Yesterday my speed test showed around point 6 speed so I guess that was 3g instead of 4g even though it showed 4g on my phone. A couple of nights my hotspot would not work. Sometimes it show a full signal and then it would dip to one bar. Very inconsistent. I am less than a mile from the T Mobile tower and normally I have full signal and speeds around 50MPS. I had this same trouble with T Mobile last year about April and was without a phone for about 5 days. Around the first week of May this year the same thing for about a week. Right now (Monday, June 4, 10:45 am) I have full signal and everything works ok. But I have had that happen before in the last couple of days and towards the afternoon or night it goes to barely one bar. Varied a lot the last couple of days with no service at times. It's a good thing I kept one of my US Cellular phones that has always worked for the last 15 years. But I am about fed up with T Mobile non service. And when something happens it takes them a week to figure it out and fix it. No redundancy at all I guess. I rely on it for my personal cell phone and internet at my farm 4 miles north of town. They did peg the right name,the un-carrier network. I love it when it works but it is beginning to be very unreliable. I think I am going to have to switch to some one more reliable.

• tmo_amanda

We don't want to see you leave if our Engineers aren't given a chance to correct the situation. Something is definitely going on and we need to get to the bottom of it. In your case, an easy network refresh may do the trick, but it also may be something going on with the tower. I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team so they can file a ticket with our Engineers to investigate the signal issue. You can either reach them via 611 or through T-Force (Facebook / Twitter).

• magenta2264610

I have had it refreshed numerous times. Shouldn't have to do that either. I have talked to the tech people several times and the response is always "our engineers are working on it". No need to keep calling I guess because they can't seem to fix anything. It just always takes 4 or 5 days for anything to happen. Very slow. Right now, yesterday and today, it is working exactly as it should. Good reception and signal, hotspot works good, although it dropped out a couple of times last night but reconnected. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope it works. But from my experience it can take a dump anytime, of course it will when I really need it. Then it will be another 4 or 5 day ordeal again. I love it when it works but that is the key word, "when" it works.

• tmo_mike_c

I'm glad you got in touch with Tech folks and they updated you on the ticket. Depending on what's going on in a certain area, it can take some to get a solid fix for you. I am optimistic since they're saying it's being worked on. I totally understand that you're the one impacted by this and I don't like you having to wait for a fix, but I know it's in the right hands to get this resolved. How's the service right now? Is it still working well for you?

• magenta2264610

so far, real good the last 2 or 3 days. hope it continues

To: paul lowrance <pl747@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:42 AM

Subject: Re:  - No service

#yiv9515207464 * #yiv9515207464 a #yiv9515207464 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv9515207464 #yiv9515207464 h1, #yiv9515207464 h2, #yiv9515207464 h3, #yiv9515207464 h4, #yiv9515207464 h5, #yiv9515207464 h6, #yiv9515207464 p, #yiv9515207464 hr {}#yiv9515207464 .yiv9515207464button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

No service

reply from tmo_mike_c in Network & coverage - View the full discussionI'm glad you got in touch with Tech folks and they updated you on the ticket. Depending on what's going on in a certain area, it can take some to get a solid fix for you. I am optimistic since they're saying it's being worked on. I totally understand that you're the one impacted by this and I don't like you having to wait for a fix, but I know it's in the right hands to get this resolved. How's the service right now? Is it still working well for you?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Network & coverage by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following No service in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2264610!

I just wanted to check in to see if you had more good news for us! How does everything seem to be working now?

• magenta2264610

So far it is working fine. I will give it a coverage test Wednesday when I go east to Idabel Oklahoma. It is spotty service back that direction.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 9:08 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv1995012405 * #yiv1995012405 a #yiv1995012405 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1995012405 #yiv1995012405 h1, #yiv1995012405 h2, #yiv1995012405 h3, #yiv1995012405 h4, #yiv1995012405 h5, #yiv1995012405 h6, #yiv1995012405 p, #yiv1995012405 hr {}#yiv1995012405 .yiv1995012405button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

No service

reply from tmo_amanda in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

Hey, magenta2264610!

I just wanted to check in to see if you had more good news for us! How does everything seem to be working now?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• tmo_amanda

That's great to hear, magenta2264610! We look forward to hearing back from you later today or tomorrow.

• magenta2264610

I came to Idabel, Oklahoma today and lost service several times between Sawyer, Ok and Idabel, Ok.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:01 AM, tmo_amanda<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv6637331178 * #yiv6637331178 a #yiv6637331178 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6637331178 #yiv6637331178 h1, #yiv6637331178 h2, #yiv6637331178 h3, #yiv6637331178 h4, #yiv6637331178 h5, #yiv6637331178 h6, #yiv6637331178 p, #yiv6637331178 hr {}#yiv6637331178 .yiv6637331178button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

No service

reply from tmo_amanda in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

That's great to hear, magenta2264610! We look forward to hearing back from you later today or tomorrow. 

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• tmo_amanda

Thanks for the update, magenta2264610!

When you lost service between these two areas, was it for a brief period of time or for more than 10-15 miles?

• magenta4466

No as I learned yesterday, the map that you as a CSR and we the consumer

public is different to the "real" world experience. There are no towers in

a red colored area North of Amarillo to the town of Dumas and continue

North to the town of Guymon OK. This is fraud and T Mobile should be

reported to the Advertising department of the FBI. The person that called

me back yesterday found a true map of tower signal coverage and informed me

that there are no towers and worst yet, no roaming agreements with other

carriers. I asked so what is my options as I feel that I made an agreement

with T mobile and now I'm locked into a purchase agreement for purchase the

two phones. She said, that I could turn off the service and continue to pay

for the phones and purchase service from another carrier. I'm stuck and it

feels like I have become a victim, which I refuse to fell. Have a great

day. I was a customer for years, found that when we moved to Kansas and

first saw the  fraud map that shows signal where there is none, then we had

to brake in the old days the contract with your company and re-establish

service with Verizon. We decided to give your company a second chance but

made the poor choice of buying the new phones. Well believe me, this upset

customer will sing the story of  fraud service to the heavens. Sincerely

Yours Bob

• magenta2264610

It is very very weak all through there.  It was probably something like that, don't really know. I know between Valiant and Idabel there is no service in several place. Some place will show a very faint signal but a call can not be made. I checked a speed test in several places and it would not connect.

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry to read that the trip to Idabel didn't offer a better experience, magenta2264610! I took a look at the general area (is there a "downtown" Idabel? the area I'm looking at has a ton of streets in close proximity, so if so I think that's what I'm looking at here) and it looks like the strongest signal we have available there is via 700 MHz, and we would anticipate this should cover you outdoors, in a vehicle, or a small building. What type of device are you using?

• magenta4466

I Phone 6 se with the most recent software upgrade. When we loose "bars"

going North out of Amarillo the "bars" go down to a point of no signal

displayed, Every once in a while we noticed as much a one bar briefly.

Never long enough for text transmitting or reception. The question as you

refer to the 700 MHz, why doesn't the phone see such signal? The other

question i would like to understand is the roam issue. 700 MHz is the 3 G

system correct. If the CSR that told me that your company has no agreements

for Roam,was my point of frustration. Pastor Bob

• tmo_marissa

Hey, Bob!
                                          I'm sorry, my previous reply was addressed to the other Community member on this thread -- so when I was speaking of 700 MHz (which is low band LTE, so it's a high speed signal that penetrates building structures and reaches farther than some of the high speed alternatives) in that response; it was regarding the signal present in Idabel, OK, an area they'd expressed having difficulty with.
                                          I took a look north of Amarillo along 87/287 and can definitely appreciate that coverage thins noticeably as you travel outside of the city, if you continue northbound on the highway, and then should strengthen significantly in Masterson. I don't show any scheduled upcoming work for that area, but we only see a few months out.
                                          If you're showing no signal at all along this highway stretch, though, I think that's worth reaching back out to Tech and having a trouble ticket filed. Our map shows that you should be able to use signal outdoors and in a vehicle in this area, and it doesn't sound like that was your experience!

• magenta4466

ok so how can tech support help?

• tmo_marissa

You'd just want to reach out to Tech Care by dialing 611, and then explain where you were located at the time that you had no service (I think saying North of Amarillo along the highway is helpful, but a cross street would be even better). Our Tech rep will get a ticket filed for no service in that location, and that can be forwarded to the engineering team so that they can review the issue -- when I look over the map, it does indicate that we'd expect you to receive coverage in your vehicle in that area; so I think it's worth passing to engineering so that they can investigate!

• magenta2264610

No not while traveling. It is pretty skimpy east of Hugo Ok.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2264610 -- I'm sorry, I think this thread's getting confusing as we have two different Community members discussing two different areas.
                                                      The last reply I posted here was addressed to Bob, the other active Community member on this thread. I had just wanted to check on what type of device you're using.

• magenta2264610

I am using a Kyocera  Duraforce XD

From: tmo_marissa <no-reply@t-mobile.com>

To: paul lowrance <pl747@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 3:49 PM

Subject: Re:  - No service

#yiv8826225625 * #yiv8826225625 a #yiv8826225625 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8826225625 #yiv8826225625 h1, #yiv8826225625 h2, #yiv8826225625 h3, #yiv8826225625 h4, #yiv8826225625 h5, #yiv8826225625 h6, #yiv8826225625 p, #yiv8826225625 hr {}#yiv8826225625 .yiv8826225625button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

No service

reply from tmo_marissa in Network & coverage - View the full discussionHey, magenta2264610 -- I'm sorry, I think this thread's getting confusing as we have two different Community members discussing two different areas.

The last reply I posted here was addressed to Bob, the other active Community member on this thread. I had just wanted to check on what type of device you're using.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

• tmo_marissa

Ah, OK! Thanks!
                                                              According to this: Tech specs: Kyocera DuraForce XD -- if you have the TMO version of the DuraForce XD, your device should be capable of picking up the 700MHz that we are showing in that area north of Idabel. While it might not be the strongest presence, if you're not seeing anything at all, I think that definitely warrants filing a trouble ticket with our Tech team so that engineering knows to take a look at the area. Please Contact Us when you have a moment!

• magenta2264610

I can pick it up fairly decent IN Idabel...but from Hugo Lake east on Highway 70 there is very very weak reception with no reception in places going down the highway.In some places it might show a very very weak signal but will not make or receive a call. I checked it in several spots with my US Cellular phone in my possession  and trying to call it or receive a call from it. The US Cellular phone has very good signal through there (everywhere around here).

• tmo_amanda

I checked out the area East of Hugo Lake on Highway 70 and can see what you're talking about. Once you travel East from Hugo and hit Fallon, service gets pretty spotty and even more so near Fort Towson. This is currently the expected coverage for the area.

• magenta2264610

That is all T Mobile expects? They don't want you to be able to use it??? I went southeast of Paris, Tx yesterday to Bigota. Had no service down in there and was needing to get in contact with a person I was meeting. Good thing I brought along my US Cellular phone which showed great signal. T Mobile has a long ways to go.

• tmo_chris

We are always looking for areas to improve our coverage. Looking at Bogata, I can see that the coverage is sparse and getting signal inside most buildings is pretty difficult. The strongest coverage that we do have there is going to be LTE 700 on band 12 but unfortunately, your Kyocera phone does not have that capability.