Confirmation code invalid

sammyjo8

I am trying to set up my accoun. The confirmation code say it’s in a because of too many attempts but i keep get the same code with every text even though I request a new code.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Confirmation code invalid

Hey, sammyjo8! What type of account are you trying to set up? Since you're posting in our Support Community, it looks like you've created a T-Mobile ID successfully! Are you having trouble linking your actual T-Mobile account to it, or is there something else you're trying to accomplish and bumping into trouble with?

• sammyjo8

Hello, thank you.

I‘m having trouble linking my phone number to the acount. It’s a prepaid number but I would like to be able to pay it online.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like the confirmation code you're being provided is stuck for some reason. If I'm reading this right, you are logging in with the T-Mobile ID you've already created (the one you're using to post here), and then trying to enter your number here to get the confirmation code:

1.PNG

So the message is sent to your phone, you enter the confirmation code, and then get an error message, correct?
              Does the confirmation code contain letters and numbers? If there are letters included, are you entering uppercase/lowercase to match the way they're arriving?

How recently did you initiate your service? It typically takes around three business days for the online account to be created -- is it possible that the "confirmation code error" is false and it's really just an issue with the line being ready on MyTMO?

One last weird suggestion -- do you have a different email you could use to create a TMO ID that's linked in the first place, by entering the phone number initially, when you first set the ID up? Or if you've already tried that, do you get some kind of error message going through the steps that way as well?

Thanks for reading through all of this -- sorry for all the weird asks!

• sammyjo8

I’m not sure what happened but it’s all working now! Thank you anyway.

• magenta6044466

I’m having the same issue? What’s the fix? Wait 3 hours for custome service?