LG G6 Isn't starting

magenta5047235

My phone died and when I went to plug it in, it showed a water droplet and an arrow pointing to the charger port. So I put it in rice for a couple hours and tried again, it said it needed to be charged in order to turn on and showed the 0% battery bar. So I left it to charge. I come back an hour later and now it's not responding at all. Does anyone know what's going on? Or how to fix it? My phone is only a little over a year old and the last LG I had was the G4 which malfunctioned and gave me the LG screen and nothing else so I'm worried it's happening again.

All replies

• joe1994

Re: LG G6 Isn't starting

Okay I had this similar problem a few months ago. first off make sure your usb connector is dry. (The part that plugs into your device) also make sure there is no mostiure around the charging port. Plug it in and it should charge. Hope everything works out

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta5047235

Thanks for the advice! I did put the phone in rice for a couple hours but that didn't seem to help as it still wasn't charging. I actually left it on the charger all day yesterday and somehow it miraculously charged! But now it's not even registering when I plug a usb in. I filed a claim through Assurant though and should be receiving a new phone today. 

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta5047235! I use a G6 also and have had moisture in my phone's charging port before -- I basically did exactly what joe1994 said, and waited until everything was dry (which in my case, was overnight) before charging. How are things going for you now?

• magenta5047235

Not good haha! The phone finally charged yesterday after being plugged in all day and night. It wasn't giving me the moisture anymore so I didn't think that was a problem anymore. I'm not even sure how it was a problem in the first place. Anyway, now it won't charge again. It's just not registering at all when I plug it into a cable. So I did file a claim and I should be getting a new one today.

• tmo_marissa

Well, SHUCKS. That stinks! I'm sorry to read this update -- but super glad you were covered to be able to replace the device. Just a quick question; in case this is an option -- have you tried with more than one cable? Only asking because as I mentioned, I bumped into this same issue with my own G6, and I think I damaged my cable by inserting it while the port still had liquid inside of it. I couldn't get that cable to work again, but trying another one I wound up being OK! I know the particular larger size of USB cable that a G6 uses doesn't exactly grow on trees, but just thinking if maybe you had another one for your car or something you could give that a shot?

• magenta5047235

I actually tried three separate cords! It’s weird because one gave me the moisture notice after already charging my phone(and this wasn’t the one I had originally plugged my phone into either, so I don’t think it could’ve been water damaged). The other wouldn’t register at all. At this point, I’ve received my new phone so I’ll use that. Since it actually charges haha. I’ll have to send the other one in for insurance.  Thanks for the suggestion though! I appreciate it  

Sent from Mail for Windows 10