Question about Samsung s9 promo credit

rave264

Hi all,

I traded in my s7 for the s9, cleared the phone check, and got the promised promotional credit. When I got the s9 at the store, I paid $240 upfront towards the phone, so the EIP balance went down to $480. Here's the thing, I was expecting the remaining balance to be split between 24 months. That was the only reason I paid upfront, otherwise, I'd have paid the additional amount later. But apparently, the remaining balance was split between 15 months, just to make my monthly payment $30. In this scenario, I'll actually end up paying more than half of the s9 during the eip installment, which is seriously annoying.

Yes, yes, I'll get the money back with the credits applied at the account level, but I'm still paying more than half upfront.

Can someone please explain why this happened?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Question about Samsung s9 promo credit

Something sounds a bit off here. Paying additional money upfront should never reduce the amount of monthly payments to be made and it should be reducing the total you have to pay per month for 24 months. We are going to need to take a closer look at your account to see what specifically is going on here. Please contact us when you have a moment.

• rave264

I did, and they pretty much told me that there was nothing that they could do. It was explained to me that it looks like the store personnel setup the EIP first before applying my $240; instead of applying the $240 and then setting up the EIP with the remaining balance. I even called the store and spoke to the manager, and he simply apologized and said there was nothing he could do. Yes, the apology is nice and all, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Is this something that's fixable or not? Because it sucks that I'm having to pay for t-mobile's mistake, and my monthly bill is higher than I budgeted for....

• tmo_chris

That is super strange! Unfortunately, we cannot see your account here on a public user community. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and take a look at what options are available.