T-Mobile Rep Lied or Was Misinformed

curiouspaper

So me and my family have joined T-Mobile recently. When we were getting the paperwork done within a T-mobile store, we wanted to switch and take advantage of the new BOGO iPhone offer. We were there a good two hours or so, and along the way we got to talking about the promotions. Now I don't know how well trained the t-mobile reps are, but me and my brother who were there at the time were informed that we could combine the Carrier Freedom Offer and BOGO offer. That if there was a problem to get in touch with customer support. We asked repeatedly that if they are sure (there were many reps) we can do this, since if we could only get one, we wanted the better offer of course, and they kept reassuring us that yes it would be fine. As we have never done a large switch or taking advantage of promotions like these, me and my brother were relying on the T-Mobile reps to provide us with accurate information. Nearly at the end of the whole transaction, after submitting for the Carrier Freedom promotion, they suddenly remembered to apply us for the BOGO, and not once did they mention to us that we could only get one or the other (Carrier Freedom or BOGO), we only found this out after getting the Carrier Freedom reimbursement, and a few weeks later having the BOGO offer declined. Of course I called T-Mobile customer support to be told that we can only get one or the other, much to my surprise as that's not what I was told at the store. They tell me to expect a call back in 3-5 days for an update on the issue. Now this happens repeatedly, I never get called back, I end up having to call them after the 5 days (I always wait until the day after to give them a chance). The next person I speak to says that they WILL credit my account the money, and that this decision was made after talking to his supervisor, again I'm told to wait 3-5 days. Nothing happens, no call or anything, so I call back, apparently this rep didn't write down any notes about my previous call, so this new rep I speak to doesn't know what to do, throughout all this I have to explain to every new rep my entire situation as I guess they don't take good notes so when a new rep comes in they regurgitate the line about not being able to combine Carrier Freedom and BOGO to me, I know that's the ISSUE. The issue being that we were told we could combine them when we couldn't, and the issue being we weren't given the choice to really choose between one or the other, the reps just went ahead and had us do both without explaining that we could only pick one. Back to the rep, this new rep finally tells me they are escalating the issue and that it will be looked into by some higher position people, I finally get a call back from what's supposed to be the supervisor... sort of. They call me several times, but the call keeps dropping for some unknown reason, I answer it and the call drops immediately, this happens several times, about 3 times, each time I answer only to have the call dropped immediately. This is very strange as the whole time I was at locations which my calls never drop. The most I ever heard was "Hi is this (my name)....(drop)". So I decide not to answer their last two or so calls as I'm frustrated about the calls dropping and they leave me a voicemail telling me to call them back to get more information. I call back to a new rep who actually has proper notes(for once funny enough) this time to be told that the escalated issue is not approved, and basically being told there's nothing they can do for me. This leaves me fuming as this whole problem had stretched to about a month, and they didn't seem to even acknowledge the misinformation provided by their rep, or provide any at all type of compensation for the issue. This is a terrible way to be introduced to T-Mobile and now I wouldn't recommend them to people as it sounds like the reps can just lie to you to your face and not face any consequences, while they leave your issue totally unresolved, it frustrates me so much that I trusted their T-Mobile reps to understand how their own promotions work. I'm still quite bothered by this whole mess, so I'm wondering if there's another course of action I can take in regards to this issue?

All replies

• nelfar212

Re: T-Mobile Rep Lied or Was Misinformed

Here's the issue and I completely understand your frustration this is something that needs to be addressed, sometimes BOGO promos have different terms that need to be met and again I understand the frustration TMO should ensure the sales folks and CRS's are aware of changes made to BOGO's from quarter to quarter. My advice is continue to call and asked to be escalated up and don't take "no" for an answer. Be mindful CSR's have limited authority and certain things may require higher level approval. (this keeps both the CSR's, and customers honest).  I have advised everyone to ensure they read the terms, and ask a lot of questions, I almost got suckered into switching from my older plan which is grandfathered for TMO ONE. I have had a few disagree with me saying it shouldn't be up to us, the reps should do their jobs, while true. It saves a whole lot of time, because you can point out the discrepancy on the spot and ensure it's addressed immediately.     

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • nelfar212

Re: T-Mobile Rep Lied or Was Misinformed

I'm glad it worked out, I said it time and time again. TMO will fix the issue even though its not always what we want but 99.9% it's something we can live with. It's sad due to both employees and customers scamming both ends, It causes folks to have to jump thought hoops with legitimate issues. I've been a happy customer because I ask a lot of questions before I make any changes to my account, and when there is an issue I'm patient as the process is resolved. Trust me it pays off.

1 of 1 people found this helpful