Xperia Xa2 Ultra VoWIFI

joegamer

I have the Xperia XA2 Ultra, I checked with Sony customer support about VoWIFI, they indicated this device is able to utilize VoWIFI. Is there a way to update our service to open this functionality? Or is the T-Mo network unable to support VoWIFI for this phone? I setup the e911 address for all the phones on my account, my Moto phones both are able to use Wifi Calling, but my XA2 Ultra still does not. Is it possible my SIM card needs to be replaced? Is there a d/l link for the "T-Mobile WiFi Calling software"?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Xperia Xa2 Ultra VoWIFI

Hey, joegamer!

T-Mobile only supports WiFi calling which may be similar. However, most unlocked devices will not have access to this feature.

To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need a phone that supports T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling:

• Wi-Fi Calling is included on most T-Mobile devices. Check the the Devices page to look up yours.
        • iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus and newer on iOS 8 or later have Wi-Fi Calling, even if not purchased from T-Mobile.
        • Some manufacturers state their devices have T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling (for example, Nexus 5x, Nexus 6p, Pixel 2).
          • Most of these devices work on T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling without any problems.
          • T-Mobile does not test them for compatibility, so we cannot guarantee their service.
        • Not available on iPhone 5 or older devices, even with iOS 8 or later.