Stranded in Mexico with service "temporarily suspended"

magenta5029311

I'm traveling alone in Mexico.  Everything was fine, but now I'm suddenly stranded with no phone service. I added the $5/month T-Mobile told me to add before I left the U.S. and everything was fine.  Online, T-Mobile says, Need help?  Call us.  Right.  No Internet chat. No email address for help.  Just call us. How do I contact T-Mobile for help from Mexico?  My monthly autopay is fine.  I checked.  Any suggestions?

All replies

• gramps28

You can contact them through social media like Twitter or facebook or

International Callers

Call: 1-505-998-3793

All calls made to this number from a T-Mobile handset are free from roaming, airtime, or long distance charges. Calls made to this number from landlines and non-T-Mobile phones will incur international long distance charges as well as any other additional charges that may apply.

Customer Care representatives are available daily from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. PT

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

gramps28 has a great suggestion. Were you able to reach out to us using the steps above?

• magenta5029311

No.  I couldn't call the number he gave me because there was no other phone

to call from.  I couldn't borrow someone else's phone because there were

charges for the call.  I couldn't use Facebook or Twitter because I quit

both of them a few months ago, and I didn't want to start new accounts

again.  However, after about an hour, the service on my phone came back

on.  I don't know what happened, but I was very glad it started working

again.  I think you should have real-time chat support on your website, so

if the cell service isn't working, a customer can get help quickly.  If I

were at home in the U.S., I could have called from my home phone, but I was

in Mexico.  So that's what happened.  Thanks for sending the email.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man. Sorry to hear you didn't have a way to get a hold of our team. I'm really glad to hear the service is up and working now. It could have just been a temporary hiccup with your connection there. We'll do everything we can to keep your service working as best as we can.

If you do have a My.T-Mobile.com account we do have a chat option. You'll have to click the Message us on My T-Mobile link in the lower right hand side of our support site.That's just another option for future references. I do hope you have safe travels my friend.