Branched to a new discussion.

Tmobile lied and now I'm stuck

derrickg

So tmobile came to my job and convinced my wife and I to switch from verizon to tmobile. We took advantage of the bogo free galaxy deal. At that point we were told to keep our old devices and new ones would be sent. We were also told when verizon sent the final bill to submit it and they would cover early termination fees and device fees. The next day we received the new phones. Besides a few hiccups we had a decent first month with the company. Then yesterday I finally get the final bill $975. Tried to submit it and was told i missed that promotion and pretty much sorry about your luck. It was never told to us that we wouldn't be eligible or even that the promotion was going to end in 15 days. They actually told me that sometimes it takes up to 60 days to get your final bill. I called several times and spoke to supervisor and they told me sorry they can't do anything. I even tried to go back to verizon to avoid the 975 but tmobile wont let us return the phones because we are out of the buyers remorse period. So I'm stuck with either owning Verizon 975 or responsible for 2 galaxy s9's. I feel stuck and lied to. Anyone ever experience this or have any advice to get this resolved.

Thank you

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Tmobile lied and now I'm stuck

I am so sorry derrickg! We don't want you to feel stuck! We know you chose us for a reason and we want you to have a good experience with us. Typically bogo offers are not able to be combined with our Carrier Freedom/ Get Out of the Red promotions as a BOGO offer will often require a trade in as does the Carrier Freedom. Get Out of the Red does not require a trade in but we still reimburse your device payment plans for the phones you are bringing over and using those now paid off phones as a trade in would be a kid of double dip.

As I said, we don't want you to feel stuck but there are some promotions that just cannot be combined. I think at this point we would need to take a close look at your account and situation to see what the best next steps are. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up and securely verify your account and take a look at what options are available.

• derrickg

When an employee offers such a deal I believe tmobile should honor what was promised. Customer service goes way beyond 975 dollars but I  guess in tmobile case it doesn't. Very sad how supervisor treat customers. I may be forced to pay money but I promise I will let everyone know my experience.

• magenta5026887

I feel your frustration and I agree and feel the same I got lied to about having apple care insurance I was paying $14 extra for and when I went to Apple Store to get repair discount with insurance as 3 TMobile Reps ALL lied and said I had and could I was told by Apple directlily I was not cov at all and I drove an hour and half each time T-Mobile kept saying I was covered and paying for Apple Care but now it not covered or discounted!!! What a crock and scam of lies T-Mobile said to get more money from me!!!! I'm irate and will tell everyone and anyone who will listen so they are forewarned!  Take that to the bank T-Mobile after I've been a customer four years faithfully!!!!

• derrickg

I dont have a Facebook or a Twitter account

• migueljd1991

Hello Chris I'm having a similar issue where the store offered me the bogo for switching and they've said that that the deal wasn't for the phone I got even though it was the phone they kept telling me it was. And now 2 payments later nothing's changed they've told me they emailed the reginal manager but no word. Apparently they have no district manage. Can you tell me if you had a bogo on April 20th  for the galaxy s8?

• magenta4682630

We went through something similar. They started us a new account instead of using our JUMP Upgrade. We found out afterward and they haven't honored our Transfer to TMOBILE deal either. To top it all off, they are trying to charge us an additional $600 for the first account. I hurried and paid off the phones and we aren't pleased with the service.

• derrickg

I now found paperwork of what they promised me. Their handwriting and on their letterhead. They want me to have a Facebook or Twitter to talk to them. I will soon enough if my problem isn't fixed. I will post all my proof on every single post they put on both. If I can convince just a few people to stay away from a shady company then it will cost them more than my 975 they want to stick me for. Maybe go as far as hiring a lawyer out of spite. At this moment I dont want them as my carrier. Shame on you tmobile

• magenta5129778

TMobile lied to me also and similar to you, offered me a free Galaxy 7.I received my reports from Experian, Equifax and Transunion and the only negative statement on all three was from TMobile billing me for $985.00 in 2016.I know how you feel! The victim of a LYING employee.I even sent back the phone, but still was charged!

• magenta5887236

Don't waste your time here just file a complaint with the FCC. Its the only way to get these issues resolved

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744