MyT-Mobile session timout

a13ph

I can't send a message through "my t-mobile" (continually says my session has timed out, even immediately after logging in), can't call support because every time I do, the customer abuse representative increases my bill.

So, here's the question:  Why, after requesting a seasonal suspension over a month ago, am I still being charged $75/month for service that I'm clearly @not using?  When did T-mobile begin making money through fraud?

And to your Cable analogy; since when is having an expensive device break, anything at all like going on vacation?  If I called my cable company and told them my cable box was broken, I assure you they would not continue to bill me for their service.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: MyT-Mobile session timout

Wow this is just awful a13ph  but I wanna get you some help with this. First, your bill shouldn't increase if you contact us through any channel. Have you talked to the rep or looked at your bill to see where the increase is coming from? There should be a way to lower the bill but we'd need to take a peek at your account and review the charges with you.

As for the "time out" error, is it only happening when you're trying to send a message? You should test out another browser to see if it works. Clearing out the browser history and cache is another good step to take in order to fix that issue.

Do you have multiple lines that are supposed to be suspended or just one? I'm thinking this could be a reason why the charges might not be lining up.

One other thing. I did have to change you're title for search purposes. I do wanna help you as best as I can so please let me know more info about what's going on. Thank you.

• a13ph

Hello @tmo_mike_c

I'm now being charged $249, $179 of which is for two months during which I had no service, two month after my request for a suspension and after notice of suspension from T-Mobile.

So here's the history:  Several months ago my Nexus 6P crashed during a software update, this left my phone unbootable.  A friend loaned me an old T-Mobile Samsung Note II while I tried to recover my Nexus.  After about 6 weeks of using the Note II, it stopped reading SIM cards.  I went by a T-Mobile store and got a new SIM, confirming that it was the phone, not the card that was the issue.  This was at the beginning of May.

At the end of May, having been unable to get either of the two phones working again, I called Customer Support to request a suspension of my line until I replaced my phone(s). (continued next message)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • a13ph

I called after regular business hours and reached an "off-shore" support center.  I explained my situation to the woman and asked to have my account temporarily suspended until I could replace my phone.  She said OK.  Additionally, I asked if, since she could she that I hadn't used the account for a few weeks, the suspension could be enacted retroactively,  She said yes, that I would only be billed for the time I had used.   Due to language differences, before I ended that call I reiterated the question and she confirmed her response.

By the beginning of the next billing cycle I had purchased a used replacement phone and went in to a T-Mobile store to reactivate my service.  I was expecting to pay around $45.  This would break down to two months of suspended service @ $10/month, plus $25 for the 1/3rd of the May billing cycle that I used.  I was instead told at the store that I would have to pay $95 - $70 for the month of May plus $25 for account reactivation.

I explained the situation to the guy at the store.  He said he'd have to call Customer Care himself to see what could be done.  The person he spoke with said that he could lower the fee to simply the charge for the month of May, $70.  I explained that I was assured by Customer Care that I wouldn't have to pay for time I didn't use, but he said that $70 was the best he could do. (continued next message)

• a13ph

I was surprised by all of this, having always had nothing but the best customer service from T-Mobile in the past.  Prior to my recent year of service with T-Mobile, I had T-Mobile service for a couple years, giving it up reluctantly only because I moved to a rural area that only Verizon and AT&T covered.  So, after leaving the store, I decided to try calling Customer Care again myself.

The guy I spoke with reiterated the $70 charge, saying that I would need to speak with his supervisor if that wasn't acceptable.  He put his supervisor on the line.  The supervisor told me that the only way he could access my account was to send me a temporary code to the phone number that associated with the account -- the phone number that was suspended.  After pressing him for another method for him to send me the temporary code, he admitted that he could also send it to my email address, which he then did.  I confirmed that number with him and he said to give him a minute to look at my account.  He put me on hold.  Normally this would take a minute or two.  This time, however, he didn't return to the call for about 5 - 7 minutes. 

This is where "Customer Service" turned to "Customer Abuse."  (continued next message)

• a13ph

When the supervisor returned to the call, his words came as a slap in the face.  He told me -- contrary to the previous three representatives -- that I owed $165.  He said that after having reviewed my account, he could see that I used the service during the April billing cycle.  I asked him how it was possible for me to have used the service when both I and T-Mobile had suspended the account.  He said he didn't know, but adding to the insult, he offered to waive the month of April and the reactivation fee, allowing me to "only pay $70," the same amount I had called him to get corrected! 

If you're able to retrieve the recording of this call, my apologies for my reaction, but I was naturally stunned by his statement.

And if you check my account as of today, you'll see that my bill is now $248+.  A full $200 more than what I should be billed and includes April and May, two months during which I had NO service.

To be clear, I have not had service since the beginning of March.  I requested the suspension at the end of March/beginning of April.  My billing period ran from the 12th to the 12th of each month.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there.

Just stopping by to see if you still need some help. Please give us a reply and keep us posted on this.

• tmo_mike_c

Wow, this is so rough. I do think there's more that can be done to help you out. Can you try reaching out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links on our Contact Us page? In order to fix this, we'll need folks with account access and that team is great at sorting out issues like this. You can even link them to this thread so they have a heads up of what's going on and can assist really quickly.