Fed Up

magenta4999991

Last week I went to pay my bill, their website was down for maintenance and couldn't log in.  So I decided to call T-mobile and pay by phone.  I ended up using their automated system on the phone to pay. After entering my information to pay my bill that automated voice says "There was an error processing transaction, hold for a CSR."  When the Customer Service Rep came on I told her what happen and she took my payment.

The next day in the morning I went to check my bank account and noticed that T-mobile charged me double.  I called to inquire about the charge and to get a refund. The CSR told me that they only see one payment on my account, but will file a missing payment claim, should take 2 days.  The next day I get a text saying they found it and I and check my account.  Well I checked and nothing, Their offline team is only find the one payment on their end and applying it to my account.  Each time I get CSR to file a missing payment. 

It has almost been over a week, dealing with CSR, trying to figure this out, I at the point where I am going to go to the bank and file a claim on both charges cancel my account and move over to another carrier.

Last how the hell do they not see the double charge on their side, but my bank statement and even my bank can see it.

Capture.PNG

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Fed Up

Hey there, magenta4999991!

$270 is a lot to have deducted from your bank account twice and I'm truly sorry this happened. I can see where we had some site maintenance going on on 5/17 but nothing mentioned duplicate payments processing. Were these payments pending? If so, has one of the payments fallen off by now? We don't want to see you leave T-Mobile but I see there is room for improvement. Has there been any progress on your refund since you posted a few days ago? Lastly, have you chatted with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter yet to see if your refund can be escalated or if there's anything else we can do to move this along faster?

• nelfar212

I'm not sure why your fed, up granted $270 is a lot of money. however, In my view the faster solution would have been file a claim with the bank for "one" of the accidental charges problem solved. then the bank and Tmo could hash out the rest.

• lmartini85

I literally just got off the phone with CSR. I went to make my payment the same day, 5/17. It didnt come out of my bank account twice, but it came out and I just got a text saying I have an overdue payment. I called and they told me it doesn’t show I made one, yet on the 17th of May $157 was taken out of my account. Theres no way I’m paying twice so I hope they’re able to resolve both our issues fast cause this isnt okay. They also filled out a missing payment form for me, but it doesn’t seem to have resolved your issue so now I’m really concerned. If the site was down for maintenance, maybe they should have directed customers to make their payments the following day cause this is ridiculous.

• magenta4999991

Oh you are going to have a fun ride,  all I have to say talk to a supervisor.    I went thru 8 Customer Service Reps and every time they would file a missing payment, their so called offline team doesn't read the notes  the Service Rep took from you.  Make sure you tell the supervisor that you have evidence that it came out.  Make sure you get a reference number for the trouble ticket, and ask for the email to the offline team.   So you can send your statement.

-Goodluck.

• fireflybestshowever

If at all possible, try to use a credit instead of your debit card for payments like this (assuming you pay off the CC in full each month).

It's easier to get a charge reversed by the CC company when it's still floating versus recovering money already removed from your physical bank account.

If you're sticking with the bank account, I suggest auto-pay both for the built-in payment reduction that T-mobile offers and for peace of mind.

Furthermore, doesn't hurt to make a contact history log for dates, names, and CSR #'s whenever you contact T-mobile or any other vendor. Goes a long way to say "I spoke to Billy on 5/29/18 @ about 6pm about the initial attempt" and "Marge on 5/30/18 @ 9am the following day" and still found the issue unresolved.

Lastly, my father always advised to pay bills 1-2 weeks in advance of the due date to avoid issues like overdue or late payments.

My reply probably doesn't help your situation, but hopefully gives useful advice for the future regardless of who you choose as your carrier.    

• magenta4999991

Well after about two weeks it has been resolved and as I predicted when the next billing cycle hit, they suddenly found the missing $270 and applied it to my June bill. So naturally I asked for it to be refunded , cause well I have other bills that are due.  Now here comes the other problem/ Since they found the $270 they posted it as check form which would take long to show up in my bank, but they would refund me May's bill since it was credit and would only take 2-3 business days.  So the found $270 that went to June's Bill would be applied to May's Bill, and that $270 would be refunded to my account. (Feels like Sprint all over again)

• tmo_amanda

Goodness, this sounds like a headache and a half! I appreciate you giving others insight into what has worked for you. Hopefully your $270 will be back into your account within the next couple of days. I'm truly sorry for the mess you've had to deal with to get your money back.

• nelfar212

tmo_amanda So I had my 1st bout with customer care this week where I was extremely pissed off. My situation was untimely resolved however had the 1st CSR properly documented the call, it wouldn't have taken 5 CSR's and the FB social media team to rectify the mistake made by one CSR. please, please this needs to be addressed ASAP, I understand sometimes there is mis-communication and people hear what want. This isn't always the case, Some of us have longevity, therefore a decision made be made to accommodate those of us who've been loyal TMO customers for years vs. a new acct holder. I just needed to post this because for the 1st time in a long time I was pretty fed up myself with what seems to be a decline in customer care. .  

• tmo_amanda

Oh gosh! I'm just now reading this, nelfar212 and 110% agree that having to spend so much time to get an issue fixed when it could've been resolved the first time around is a huge missed opportunity. Thank you for sharing what recently happened. I know you're a regular around here and always have our back but it sounds like we let you down -- I'm so sorry. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear a bit more about what happened so I can forward your feedback. Sending a PM your way.