Why am being charged again?

chilindrina_77

Back in April I closed my account with t mobile so I could switch to prepaid. I paid the reminder 2 installments on my unit plus the bill. the guy said that was it and now out of nowhere I get a letter in the mail asking for $50 more. I'm getting really upset with this company as of lately.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Why am being charged again?

Hey, chilindrina_77! That's super confusing, I can definitely understand why you'd be frustrated! I know that EIP charges may be pending prior to the actual bill print date, so sometimes even if you pay the remaining EIP charge as listed at that time, and your current bill, there may still be another EIP charge that you wouldn't see at the time. Also, when we process an EIP payment, the charge will appear on the next bill, but as long as we take the payment at that time, you should have a sitting credit balance there to absorb it.
        For example, let's say you have a current bill of $100 due, and a remaining EIP balance of $50, with no EIP charges pending. You would pay the $100 for the bill, then we'd process the EIP payment for the $50 and you'd make the payment of $50 at that time. That $50 charge would show up on your next print statement, but you should also have a $50 credit balance on the account to absorb it -- so your net owed would still be $0.
        I don't know if either of these scenarios explain the bill you received, but we definitely would like to make sure that a team with account access is taking a look to get to the bottom of this! Have you had a chance to reach out yet to figure this out?

• tmo_marissa

Re: Why am being charged again?

Hey there! Just wanted to check in on you and see how things were going with this. Please let us know if you've been able to get to the bottom of the charges you saw!