Unlock my iPhone

magenta4979513

I recently moved to the UK after spending nearly 6 years in America using T-Mobile.

i have fully purchased my phone and have taken it back to the UK with me. I have bought a UK SIM card but when I insert it to use it says the phone is locked and requires unlocking. I am servicing UK military and was working with the USMC for my time in Americ.

please can you advise me as to the steps I need to take to make this happen please.

best regards

scott b

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Unlock my iPhone

Hey, Scott! Thanks for posting, and for using T-Mobile service while you were stationed here in the states!
        It doesn't sound like you'd have difficulty meeting the requirements based on your description above; but you can find the eligibility parameters outlined here: Unlock your mobile wireless device. To get the unlock request entered, you'd need to reach out to one of our teams with account access so that we can confirm IMEI usage and account standing, and then get the request filed for you. If your T-Mobile service is still active and you have your T-Mobile SIM with you, you can follow the steps for reaching out to International Roamer's Customer Care on our Contact Us page. If that isn't an option for you, you can still dial that same number but will incur local charges -- or you can reach out to our T-Force team (social media support via Message on Facebook and DM on Twitter) so that we can help!

• magenta4979513

So looking at the requirements for unlocking the device I believe I qualify.

Do you provide a live chat service as I have been told this is the easiest way to achieve what I need.

My contract is now cancelled and I do not have any outstanding payments due.

I would like to start the unlock process but I am getting asked to link phone numbers to my request etc making it difficult for me to progress

Can you help or direct me to someone either by e mail or preferred live text please ??

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry, Scott -- for security reasons, the available support options in this situation are the two I listed above -- our Care team over the phone or T-Force on Twitter or Facebook. In this public user forum and/or via email, we don't have a secure platform for account verification, so we're not able to safely take your account details -- and that's necessary to complete the request.

Is your account with T-Mobile still active? Live Chat would be an option for customers with active accounts, as you'd need to be logged in to MyT-Mobile with an active T-Mobile ID in order to use Live Chat, but your T-Mobile ID and MyT-Mobile account are closed when your line is canceled.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • magenta4979513

The account is no longer live as I thought I would be able to unlock the phone in the UK at a t mobile store. The problem is in the 6 years I have been gone t mobile has now been taken over by EE.

Sent from my iPhone

• tmo_marissa

Totally understood -- I'm so sorry for the confusion! T-Mobile US is a separate company than the T-Mobile stores you'd see abroad, but it sounds like things are even more complicated than that! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd been able to call the international care line or reach out to T-Force on Twitter or Facebook!

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I know it's been a few days -- just wanted to stop by once more and see how things are going. Have you been able to reach out to T-Force or call the international care line yet?

• vinzent18

Okay since i believe i am also qualified for the device unlock, i might as well ask it here. ive been trying to contact tmobile support but the support lines are a little too unhelpful. first i would like to say that ive switched my carrier from tmobile to sprint as of february/march with my contract being finished and completed the payments. i am planning on using my old note 5 which was the phone i used when still with tmobile, outside the country and need some help unlocking the device. i tried using the "device unlock app" that was installed within the phone. it was successful but once i tried a different carrier (sprint) it still wouldnt work or make calls at all. PLEASE HELP. tmo_marissa