Suspend or restore your line
When I go through the steps, I see this:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Click PHONE.
- Click either Report lost or stolen or Temporary suspension, depending on the type of suspension you need.
- Follow the on-screen steps to suspend or restore your line.
"If you have a monthly phone payment, you will be required to make it while your line is suspended." <------ ????My Plan: Simple Choice North America UNL TT + D which is $50/monthSo if I suspend the account, am I still paying the $50/month?
- You may voluntarily suspend your service once per year for a maximum period of 90 consecutive days.
- Voluntary suspensions extend your contract (if applicable) for an amount of time equal to suspension.
- If you have other lines associated with this account and they remain active, no contract extension is required.
- Your account must remain current during the time the line is suspended.
- If you have a monthly phone payment you will be required to make it while your line is suspended.
- A $10 suspend fee may apply.
That's if you bought a phone under a payment plan you will still have to pay that.
So if my phone is fully paid for, and I am paying $50/month for my service, and I suspend the service for 90 days, I have to pay $10 suspension fee, and whatever fee for ending the suspension. Correct?
If I enter the time frame for the suspension (say 90 days), will the phone automatically restart service after the 90 days? Is there a charge at that time, or do you only get charged if you restart service before the requested restart date?
Correct, there is still a charge to maintain the line, so you will be billed $10 a month during the suspension time.
After 90 days, the line will restore and while there is no restore fee, you will go back to being charged the standard monthly charge!
Could you switch to a cheap pre-paid plan - then switch back to your regular plan?