Missed call log

wrudy01

Can I download a history of missed calls? It appears only incoming calls that have usage time - at least 1 minute - appear in the call records. Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Missed call log

Hey, wrudy01!
        That's a great call-out. Missed calls that don't stay on the line after voicemail picks up haven't actually registered to the network, so you're right -- they won't appear in usage history. You should be able to see a log of missed calls on your physical device itself, though, at least for most phones sold these days! However, if the calls were attempted while you were out of network range, or have a setting enabled on your phone that routes them straight to voicemail (and the caller disconnects quickly), those might not even show on your phone itself, depending on the situation.
        What was the reason for your ask? Is there a root issue that we can help solve?

• wrudy01

The reason for the request is there is a class action suit against a telemarketing firm that was making many unsolicited calls to my number. So I was requested to provide some evidence of the calls, which are coming from multiple phone numbers. Since I did not pick up most of these calls, they do not show up in the usage log.  The easiest way to provide this evidence would have been to print a filtered list from the log. There is no easy way to use my device history to create this report that only includes these particular calls.

• tmo_marissa

Ah, shucks! It stinks to hear you were a victim of this firm -- that's so frustrating; of course you didn't answer the calls!
                The only thing I can think to suggest is to take your device's display down to the smallest possible font size and screen shot the call log, then use an image tool (like even MS Paint) to black out the numbers you don't wish to share. What type of phone are you using?

• wrudy01

I have an iphone 7

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha! In that case, you may actually be able to view *just* the missed calls and take a screenshot of that without all of the other stuff thrown in! I made a mishmash of steps I found online:

1. Open the Phone app and tap Recents.
                  2. Tap Missed.

missed.jpg

1. Press and hold the Power button on the right side and click the Home button at the exact same time. (This helps ensure you don't activate Touch ID or Siri by accident while trying to take your screenshot.)
                  2. The screen will flash white and you'll hear the camera shutter sound (if your sound is enabled).
                  3. If you're on iOS 10 or earlier, the screenshot will be saved to your All Photos album (or Camera Roll if you're not using iCloud Photo Library). If you're using the iOS 11, this process will be slightly different.
                  • tmo_amanda

Hey, wrudy01!

Did the last reply from Marissa help get the info you needed from the Missed Calls section? Fingers crossed that this is what you were looking for!