Changing Prepaid Plans

aarkp

Currently I am on Pay As You Go. Am thinking of changing to Simply Prepaid for a couple of months. Then I would be out of the country for a few months when it would make sense to move back to Pay As You Go. Are there any rules/limits regarding changing one's plan? Can I change them as often as I want?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Changing Prepaid Plans

Hey there! Switching plans should be great in this situation, but I do want to make sure to ask which Pay As You Go plan you're using. If you have the Legacy version of Pay As You Go, it's important to know that when you switch off to Simply prepaid, you'd be switching back to the current Pay as you go plan!
        Also, it's good to bear in mind that credit balances won't transfer when you swap plans; so you'll want to check with a representative who can access your account details to figure out the best time to make changes to maximize your money!

• aarkp

I got my current Pay As You Go as a new connection/ new account just a few days back. The $3 one. Speaking to a call center for an airline reservation exhausted all my quota and even made inroads into my account balance/credit!  Right now I'm on 10 cents a minute/call/sms. My use is quite minimal.

Seems I cannot change my plan as and when I wish (as I can back in India!).  For the time being I'm holding off changing to Simply Prepaid.

• tmo_marissa

Ahh, I think I understand -- you're right, switching mid-cycle's not always exactly cost effective. If your use is mostly minimal, then I think staying where you are is a good idea! However, if you notice that each cycle you're exhausting the provided allotment and adding more funds, it might be worth it to track exactly how much you're using/adding and consider whether switching might have value so that you don't have to worry about running out. Some folks just don't have the need for unlimited, though, and if that's the case for you then Pay As You Go might just be the right choice!