Hd video problem

patrickemond97

So I just switched from metro to T mobile last Friday. I purchased the international data plan, which includes unlimited hd video streaming, and unlimited 4g hotspot. Sounds great right? So immediately after I leave the store, I try out YouTube. As soon as i click on 1080p, it starts buffering every 3-4 seconds. Obviously my hd video isn't working. Same issue with hotspot. So I call T-Mobile technical support. They say there was a problem in my account. They said it was fixed and to restart my phone, so I did. I got a text saying thank you for purchasing Hd video. It worked flawlessly for about 12 hours. I woke up the next morning, same problem. Pissed up i call T-Mobile again. They do the same thing, reset something in my account. It works for another 12 hours. This cycle has been going on for 4 days now, and only a percentage of the people I speak to, know what I'm talking about, and how to at least make it work for another 12 hours. This is very frustrating, especially since I just switched to this company. I've spent 3 hours a day at least on the phone with T-Mobile, until somebody is able to make it work for one more day. I would love a permanent fix, especially since I'm paying for the best, most expensive plan I can possibly get. This is ridiculous.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Hd video problem

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this for so long. It does sound like there is an issue with the provisioning of the feature on your account. This is totally fixable though! We would need to access your account to see what is going on but we cannot do that here on a support forum. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to send a direct message to our T-Force team. They will be able to access your account and see what specifically is going on here.

• magenta5241482

I am experiencing the same problem. I have HD video enabled and my video is being throttled. Espn and other streaming apps buffer constantly. If I do a speedtest though the fast app, which uses Netflix servers to test I get around 1.5Mbps so T-Mobile sees this as video and is throttling just like you do to non hd customers. If I run the speedtest through speedtest.net app I'm getting over 50Mbps cuz it's not detected as video. Clearly your system is screwed up. I tried turning HD video off and back on. That seemed to fix it for 5 mins. Sucks I'm paying for a service and not getting it

• tmo_chris

Sorry to hear you also having trouble magenta5241482.  Has yours always been like this or did it also recently start after some sort of plan/feature change.

• magenta5241482

No plan or feature change. It probably started about a month around the same time the other user started experiencing the issue. I didn't realize the problem at first because I don't stream on cellular that often and I usually only use ESPN. I thought it was an ESPN issue at first because it kept buffering but then the other day I tried YouTube and anything higher then 480p won't play. I then ran a speed test using Netflix "fast" app and realized tmobile is throttllokg my video to 1.5Mbps even though I have HD enabled. I actually reached out to t force support and someone is supposed yoget back to me by Wednesday, I have a ticket number as well. Just frustrating because it's clearly a glitch in your system that just needs to be fixed. I'm sure it's effecting many other users that have HD video through the one plus plan but they probably don't even realize they're being throttled to 480p. I just want this fixed and would be nice to get a credit for last month since I paid for it and didn't get it. I'm getting tired of all these issues with T-Mobile and may just have to switch carriers if this isn't fixed asap as it has been one issue after another.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Have you had a chance to speak with our T-Force team yet?